Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi All, I am test driving a SQ5 tomorrow, so I will let you know how that goes. The dealer has already said November delivery. That beggars the question I hate to ask but when will Audi bring out a new model? hopefully not mid 2014. Any thoughts on this. Thanks.

·
Banned
489 Posts
Of course it may be different for the SQ5, but the MY14 Q5 was factory builds starting from week 22 (which was w/c 27th May 2013). So we might possibly expect similar next year (for the MY15 Q5 that is). While the SQ5 hasn't been on the road for long I think you should expect another version next year.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, yes I should have made it clearer I was assuming that as the Q5 line has been around since 09 it should be due for a major change.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi Johnasq5

Welcome to the forum. General consensus appears to point to a launch of an entirely new model in 2016. It's the Q7 in 2014, then an update for the Q3 in 2015, followed by the Q5 new model. This also gives VW time to launch the new small SUV and Porsche to launch the second series of engines for the Macan.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Excellent, I will let you know how I get on with the extended drive tomorrow.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Hi Johnasq5

Welcome to the forum. General consensus appears to point to a launch of an entirely new model in 2016. It's the Q7 in 2014, then an update for the Q3 in 2015, followed by the Q5 new model. This also gives VW time to launch the new small SUV and Porsche to launch the second series of engines for the Macan.
I would imagine therefore that the new shape SQ5 won't hit the road until probably 2017 as often not all engine/transmission/trim levels are available at launch. Is that what other people would expect?

·
Registered
706 Posts
My research before I placed my order suggested early 2016 for the UK

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Mid 2016, Audi are building a new factory for its assembly in Mexico.

Just for flavour - 210k units were made last year making the Q5 the 3rd largest seller for Audi JUST behind the A4 217k and the A6 at 220k units. Q3 was 100k units by comparison.

·
Registered
700 Posts
That sounds promising then for our SQ5's to hold good money, !! we'll see !!

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I think they will tank harder than any other model, but you don't buy them for the worth i guess...
20TDi seems to be the best, worst currently being the 20Tfsi.

But who knows, dealers will attempt to screw you over one way or the other.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Both cap and glass give lower values as does Audi guided GFV. (what car index shows the same too).

I cant/wont comment on individual deals.
But the numbers are the number and can all easily be checked, so don't take my word for it.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
johnasq5 any feedback on your opinion of the SQ5?

·
Registered
26 Posts
johnasq5 any feedback on your opinion of the SQ5?
My Test Drive
I currently drive a Jaguar XF 3l Diesel S so I wanted to try and get an SUV with reasonable performance and handling, a quality interior and no more but less wind and road noise if possible.
Having had two Audi's in the past road noise and tire thump may have been a problem.

So, I enjoyed the SQ5 for half a day on my local roads. Speeds on private roads of course, were over 90

Compared to the XF I found similar levels of wind noise, although the ride is firmer that doesn't really matter as long as it's quiet and not harsh. There was less tire noise (bump thump) on pot holes and cross ridges (must be due to the larger aspect tire) standard alloys and 255 x 45 20" but a slight "estate car noise" from the rear at 60 onwards, overall on noise very good IMHO in fact impressed.

Brakes were great with good feel and no undue initial pedal travel, certainly up to XF standards.

Throttle response from standstill was excellent (that can be a real pain on some models of Mercedes) the gear change was great using the paddles in fact I had to look at the rev counter see that I changed down 2 gears, a better gear response than the XF

Steering is a bit dead and over powered at times I suppose that is down to being electric but I can get used to it

There is quite a difference from Dynamic to Auto it certainly weights up the steering but it holds on to the gears to long for me for leisurely driving but then I could always use the paddles! so I would probably make my own mix.

Interior whist not up to Jaguar standards (choice of leathers) is good but the Nappa leather and excellent fit of the panels makes up for it. I would go for lunar silver and black with silver headlining and I liked the dash design, in fact a nice interior.

Overall I am going to order one. So far delivery I have been quoted is 1st quarter 14 that's no go at all but I am working on it!

Sorry I completely missed out the part on handling.

On my favourite roads I could drive at the same speeds as I usually do without any thought of can I get around the corner as it's the first time in a different car. Not so with the ML which is scary!
I don't drive that fast any more but I like to drive progressively and keep up a constant speed.

I did find some understeer but that was me keeping a neutral throttle or lifting off slightly not what I would do if I was pressing on. Being heavier and with a higher C of G it had little roll and handled well. I did not try for ultimate grip but it's a good match for the XF in my normal driving style, more than happy.

johnasq5

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Woah what a great review! Should be posted to AutoTrader! Better than their reviews. Glad you enjoyed, we were given the same Jan 14 Delivery and thanks to some help from PA_Trader (Richard) I am contacting dealers through carwow.co.uk and drivethedeal.com where they are giving good discounts and trying to push for soon delivery dates. Let me know if you manage to find a dealer giving sooner delivery times- no way I can wait that long!!

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Call around, if you are flexible no doubt you'll pick one up easy enough.
Never heard of carcow, but drivethedeal gets great reviews.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Call around, if you are flexible no doubt you'll pick one up easy enough. Never heard of carcow, but drivethedeal gets great reviews.
Well, DtD good price but 1st quarter 14. just had a mail from one dealer list price and April. one more dealer to go other wise its DtD I have used them before so I trust them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Call around, if you are flexible no doubt you'll pick one up easy enough. Never heard of carcow, but drivethedeal gets great reviews.
Well, DtD good price but 1st quarter 14. just had a mail from one dealer list price and April. one more dealer to go other wise its DtD I have used them before so I trust them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts