Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks...

Just booked us a week in sunny Florida ...
We're gonna drive the SQ5 !

From our place near Toronto... Its about 2400 KMs each way

Anyone done a long trip ( each way its 2 full 12 hour days of driving) like that ?

Haven't done anymore than an hour in it yet...

Thanks

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Well end to end the UK is 9-10 hours...! Robin T does SERIOUS miles in his around Europe, drop him a PM for a long distance opinion (of the TDI of course), I know he likes it a lot though...

I've done 6 hours per day for 2 consecutive days and can say I was very impressed. I thought my BMW 135i was good for long haul, but the SQ5 is another level.

The adaptive cruise and lane assist will come into their own on the motorway (not sure if you have ACC, and pretty sure lane assist isn't an option in NA though...).

Pretty sure you'll enjoy the drive. I really want to do a road trip in the US/Canada at some point!

·
Still Game
4,617 Posts
Not done a long trip in the SQ5. 12 hours driving on two consecutive days
you will need another vacation to recover..

·
Registered
348 Posts
Hi there,

As José says I do a lot of miles because I have the SQ5 for my job and frequently travel inside Europe.

The longest distance I drove so far (without stopping overnight) was 1300km to Italy for holiday, fully packed with the family and luggage.

I did not feel tired at all after so many hours, and also the rest of the family didn't.
The power of the engine makes it extremely easy (and thus not tiring) to overtake and go uphill.
Driving in mountains is most fun I really enjoyed driving through Switzerland.

However, I must say that my previous car (Porsche Cayenne) had air suspension and that helped when not driving on smooth roads. The SQ5 is tiring when you drive long distance on roads in bad condition.
Most likely when you do a long distance trip you'll be on the highway, so no problem with that.

Anyhow, because I do long distance very often, I would have changed the car already if it was not comfortable enough.

So, enjoy the trip :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts