Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody had their SQ go into limp mode? My 3 week old one suffered this last Thursday and Audi are still having issues trying to sort it out. They say this is unheard of but just wondered if anybody else had experienced. I've read about problems with 2.0 TDI but little on the 3.0

As you can imagine I'm not best pleased after having no issues with the 2 previous 3.0 Q5s

·
Registered
529 Posts
Nope not heard of any others, your the first and hopefully only one. My daughter has the 1.4 petrol twin turbo A1 and that went into limp the other week back. Like yours, the car didnt throw up any fault codes and Audi are lost as to why or what it could have been

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine had a fault code, low pressure fuel rail, this was cleared by the RAC man fron Audi Rodside Assist. The car was sent to Audi for them to investigate but could not get the fault to repeat. They changed a fuel pump on Audi Technical advise now the fault won't go away....investigation goes on. At least they now have something look into

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Two weeks on and car has been returned to me. Dealer advised that fault traced to contaminated fuel, possibly petrol in the diesel. As car was only three weeks old I still had full record of all fuel purchased which was diesel. BP Ultimate I may add...disappointing when you have paid premium for the "better" stuff!
Has anybody had similar problems in the Aberdeen area with bad fuel?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts