Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should I have as interior lighting in an SQ5. My Golf has great lighting with LED strips in door, sills and footwell lights, all adjustable.

The SQ5 seems to have nothing in comparison. Should there not be footwell lights at least, there seems to be when opening door or whatever but nothing when driving along at night. All seems a bit dark at night.

There are a couple of red/orange downlights from the roof but again pretty dull it seems.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Regrettably that is all you get and sadly a backward step for Audi. My wife's Scirocco, like your Golf, has adjustable footwell lighting which looks good at night. My 2 previous A6's with the interior light pack had adjustable footwell, red console downlighters, red door handle lights and LED door panel lighting making the interior after dark quite a sophisticated environment.
I expected the same level of lighting when I specified the option on my Q5 and thought that there was something wrong when there was no visible footwell lighting and I could not find the option to adjust it on the MMI menu. I contacted the dealer who said it should be on the MMI as with the A6 but got back to me after checking their demonstrator to say that 2014 models do not have this feature and it cannot be enabled.
This smacks of penny pinching and there appears to be uncertainty on the forum as to whether the facility can be enabled with VAG.com/VCDS.
The car as you say is a bit dark inside at night.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Does enabling it via vagcom create any warranty issues?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Of all the options I have on my Q5, this is the one I would be least likely to specify next time. I find it a bit underwhelming to be honest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts