Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any idea as to the percentage uplift likely to be experienced over the standard Q5 2.0L TDI s line.

Insurance companies (including Audi Insurance) do not appear to have the SQ5 on their databases yet and as such, are unable to quote!!

ZED

·
Registered
700 Posts
Not sure really, i cant see it being too much more than a top 3.0 tdi s-line plus, but who knows with insurance nowadays they seem to name there price !!, i did try looking my self a week or two ago but with no joy, let me know if you have a luck..

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure really, i cant see it being too much more than a top 3.0 tdi s-line plus, but who knows with insurance nowadays they seem to name there price !!, i did try looking my self a week or two ago but with no joy, let me know if you have a luck..
Thanks, I will post details when available
ZED

·
Registered
700 Posts
Just been on Swift cover .com And Confused .com- i was quite pleased both are quoting under 350.00 for SQ5 Insurance, thats limiting miles to 6K including a tracker!!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Mmm I'm 55.. living a in a low risk insurance area, car is garaged, 18,000 miles a year inc business 5+ years no claims, 1 SP30 dating back to 2009....£750 a year
with Audi Insurance (Allianz). The trouble is, use any insurer other than Audi Insurance and the fine print in the policy enables them to use pattern, non-genuine parts for any accident repairs...so I whilst I'm sure I can get it cheaper...would I? Would you?

·
Still Game
4,609 Posts
use any insurer other than Audi Insurance and the fine print in the policy enables them to use pattern, non-genuine parts for any accident repairs...
Not necessarily, many insurers will coerce you to use one of their nominated repairers. You do not have to ........... it is your car and you can choose to have it repaired wherever you want.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Not necessarily, many insurers will coerce you to use one of their nominated repairers. You do not have to ........... it is your car and you can choose to have it repaired wherever you want.
True Missile - however if you want a replacement vehicle then the insurer calls the shots, so deviate from their authorised repairer and your selected bodyshop will have to provide you with a car at their cost. Experienced this personally with my A5 Cab last year (hit by a lady driving on the wrong side of the road) - I nominated the Audi approved bodyshop and Admiral wanted to use someone else, they collected their hire car within 24 hours.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Mmm I'm 55.. living a in a low risk insurance area, car is garaged, 18,000 miles a year inc business 5+ years no claims, 1 SP30 dating back to 2009....£750 a year
with Audi Insurance (Allianz). The trouble is, use any insurer other than Audi Insurance and the fine print in the policy enables them to use pattern, non-genuine parts for any accident repairs...so I whilst I'm sure I can get it cheaper...would I? Would you?
Audi do something called endurance. Add it to your existing non Audi insurance for £60 a year and they will insure your car is repaired using only genuine parts. I looked into this when we purchased our Q5 and it looks good value, only reason we sent tke it was that or us Audi insurance was only £50 or so more than the cheapest policies on the comparison sites (well the reputable ones that don't have hundreds of negative reviews about them).

Take a look here:

https://www.insurewithaudi.co.uk/Products/Ensurance/

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Judging by your comments, it looks like the insurance databases now include the SQ5, I will 'phone my broker in the morning to see what prices he comes up with. Will keep you posted.

ZED

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Audi do something called endurance. Add it to your existing non Audi insurance for £60 a year and they will insure your car is repaired using only genuine parts. I looked into this when we purchased our Q5 and it looks good value, only reason we sent tke it was that or us Audi insurance was only £50 or so more than the cheapest policies on the comparison sites (well the reputable ones that don't have hundreds of negative reviews about them).

Take a look here:

https://www.insurewi...ucts/Ensurance/
Thanks! That's brilliant - what a good idea - much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Judging by your comments, it looks like the insurance databases now include the SQ5, I will 'phone my broker in the morning to see what prices he comes up with. Will keep you posted.

ZED
Probably....I called Audi Insurance (Allianz) this morning and it wasn't on their database - it took them most of the day to add it....

·
Registered
700 Posts
Hi All, Yes i think ive got the quote down quite cheap as im only using as second car, only limiting the miles to a max of 6K a year , fitting tracker, Garaged etc and im 38 with 10 Yrs discount - no points, ive used Swift cover now for a few years had a claim with an SLK AMG 55 some one else's fault, they repaired at Merc dealer bodyshop with a merc courtesy car no probs at all, i think so many insurers differ in so many ways its well worth shopping around.

Fitting a Tracker although you have the sub-scription fee every year it does really bring your insurance down a vast amount i've found in the past and not that ive experienced but at least you would stand a chance of getting your car back in sted of a rip off trade figure from your insurer !!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi All, Yes i think ive got the quote down quite cheap as im only using as second car, only limiting the miles to a max of 6K a year , fitting tracker, Garaged etc and im 38 with 10 Yrs discount - no points, ive used Swift cover now for a few years had a claim with an SLK AMG 55 some one else's fault, they repaired at Merc dealer bodyshop with a merc courtesy car no probs at all, i think so many insurers differ in so many ways its well worth shopping around.

Fitting a Tracker although you have the sub-scription fee every year it does really bring your insurance down a vast amount i've found in the past and not that ive experienced but at least you would stand a chance of getting your car back in sted of a rip off trade figure from your insurer !!
I've had trackers on two previous occasions although, do you really want a stolen/recovered vehicle back. When trade in time comes, I believe it shows on an HPI check (did a few years back). If you are worried about a poor insurance offer, take out GAP or RPP insurance.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I've had trackers on two previous occasions although, do you really want a stolen/recovered vehicle back. When trade in time comes, I believe it shows on an HPI check (did a few years back). If you are worried about a poor insurance offer, take out GAP or RPP insurance.
That is a good point Rob,i probably would'nt wont the car back, im usually very careful where i leave it or go in it , the only reason ive never taken out GAP insurance is the longest ive owned a car in the last 10 years is around 10 moths, get board to easy, but saying that hopefully after ordering the SQ5 and waiting so long i may look in to investing in it this time !!, thanks for the advise.

·
Registered
91 Posts
AXA insurance wanted an extra £15 on top of my existing 07 plate BMW 535d, but insisted on a tracker. Tracker prices varied from £200 to about £600... I'm guessing its well worthwhile given the desirability of the car... Any tracker tips/ recommendations ?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Last Sunday when the weather was decidedly grim I had a play with the 'Confused.com' site (do they realise that their annoying TV adverts actually put one off using them?) and came up with some interesting results....Allianz (Audi Insurance) want a further £350 on top of the insurance I have for the A1 currently (Aged 55, full no claims, 1x expired SP30, 18,000 business miles, garaged) for a whopping £750 a year.

Confused came up with a quote from Liverpool Victoria for about £300 - so if I added the Audi Endurance top up insurance I could get a full year's cover on the SQ5 for around £350 which didn't seem like bad value to me.

·
Banned
489 Posts

Take a look here:

https://www.insurewi...ucts/Ensurance/
It's now free for 3 yrs

1 - 20 of 37 Posts