Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been reading a few snatches on here about insurance and trackers. I have just been on to my insurance provider to change the policy over from the Touareg V8tdi to the SQ5 (been using the Audi 7 day free policy until now) and tried to change it on line as its a paperless policy.

I entered all the details and then got a message to call them direct as they were unable to quote, sh1t i thought here we go they want a tracker! The VW was a more expensive car and not lacking in the horses department but obviously no one wants to half inch it like the SQ5?

So Im told that Axa who under writes the policy i was on wont insure the Audi so they will have to cancel that policy which has been running for 5 months and start again with a new under writer. OK I'm thinking here we go, here comes the tracker others have been talking about.

After approx 10 seconds of silence she comes back with "the new policy will be £338.42 including the interest for monthly payments and the excess will reduce from £700 to £450 is that alright" Well I'm chuffed with that but still no mention about needing a tracker! So i decide to ask the question "so the new insurer doesn't require that i fit a tracker and who is under writing the policy" OK you've guessed it........its AXA who are under writing the new policy and NO i don't require a tracker :)

So get a quote from Lloyds car insurance for a what i think is a good price and cover and no tracker and those expensive annual fees that go with them

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Presumably that is £338 per year?

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Thats very reasonable - I do think we are definitely taking advantage of the fact the normal Q5 is likely to have a low accident rating as it is normally a family type car for the school/shopping run rather than an M3 killer!

·
Registered
700 Posts
You could be right Jose, you did well there Wilf good price on that, i habve just got insured with Audi insurance, no tracker required screwed them down to 611.00 for the year.

Oh well i'm happy with that

·
Registered
348 Posts
FYI, in Belgium I pay 2850 euro per year for a full omnium insurance for the SQ5, no tracker required

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FYI, in Belgium I pay 2850 euro per year for a full omnium insurance for the SQ5, no tracker required
€2,850 jees have you been a naughty boy Robin or is that the cost of insurance over the pond!!!

·
Registered
348 Posts
€2,850 jees have you been a naughty boy Robin or is that the cost of insurance over the pond!!!
that is the standard rate for insurance of such a car; they combine horse power with the value of the car
I am driving many years without incident, so I am at level zero, the cheapest one...

·
Registered
700 Posts
Its a good job its not that much over here, there wouldnt be many cars sold at that price, i do remember buying a new 309 GTI !! in 1992 and that cost me over 2K to insure and thats over 20 years ago !!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I had a 309GTI as a company car - that was a quick motor in it's day and all with a 130bhp

·
Registered
700 Posts
Good morning John, do you know how i add a photo to this post, Thanks Merlin

·
Banned
842 Posts
There's some people with some amazing quotes on here!

My 2 litre costs £600 a year to insure with a 10 year NCB. Perhaps its another argument to get an SQ5 (cheaper insurance!)

·
Registered
49 Posts

My 2 litre costs £600 a year to insure with a 10 year NCB. Perhaps its another argument to get an SQ5 (cheaper insurance!)
My quote for my SQ5 was similar from LV (Liverpool Victoria), my old RR Sport was close to £1,000. and they no longer require a tracker, so moving to a SQ5 is saving me over £500 a year in insurance costs.

·
Banned
842 Posts
Truly amazing. Theres so many arguments to go and place the order, which it had been out 18 months ago when I bought mine.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Good morning John, do you know how i add a photo to this post, Thanks Merlin
Good morning Merlin

1) Create an Account on Photobucket.com
2) Upload your photos to the library
3) Go the library click on the photo you want to link to the site - on the right side of the screen there are some boxes with URLs in - click the link that says 'direct', it will turn yellow and say 'copied'
4) Come back to this site and start your new post - to paste an image link click the square image icon about half way along the 2nd row of buttons above and paste the image link (ctrl V or right mouse button/paste)

Job done...

·
Registered
503 Posts

Mine cost £203 for a years insurance which I think is amazing. Protected NCB, garaged and 9,000 miles per year.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Thanks Merlin! in a box somewhere I probably have a picture of mine - it was a white 3 door - was great fun to drive.

The 309 shared it's doors with a Talbot Horizon....now that really was a pooh car!

·
Registered
700 Posts
Thanks Merlin! in a box somewhere I probably have a picture of mine - it was a white 3 door - was great fun to drive.

The 309 shared it's doors with a Talbot Horizon....now that really was a pooh car!
You learn something every day- i never knew that.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts