1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
877 Posts
Zed, thanks for this - very useful. I will be getting the drain sup on mine when it arrives to see if I can find anymore

·
Registered
503 Posts
I have just made a couple of discoveries on my car. which I was not aware of:
  1. The DIS contains an efficiency program. The following link provides useful information on this:http://www.audi.com/...em.browser.html
  2. The glovebox is refrigerated via the aircon system, when this is working on cool

Anybody else know about these features? If not, I hope useful to know!!

ZED
On the Efficiency program it will list which items are using extra juice with the biggest culprit at the top. Normally on mine its just AirCon, but heated seats etc will be shown if they are used. It will also tell you to enable stop start whilst idling in traffic if its been turned off.

·
Registered
289 Posts
It is good but also annoying at the same time. It also tells you to change gear if you have a manual box. The cooled glove box is useful but you need to remember to turn it off if you are not using it. The display I seem to use most in the DIS is the digital speedo.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is good but also annoying at the same time. It also tells you to change gear if you have a manual box. The cooled glove box is useful but you need to remember to turn it off if you are not using it. The display I seem to use most in the DIS is the digital speedo.
It also tells you when to change gear if you have tiptronic and are in "M" mode.

However, there seems to be a little contradiction here ............... if you are in "M" mode, surely then you cannot be too concerned about economy, you are more interested in GRUNT

ZED

·
Registered
343 Posts
cooled glovebox has been standard on all Q5's with A/C, certainly our current 2009 MY car it has a little switch which slides across and closes in the glovebox

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cooled glovebox has been standard on all Q5's with A/C, certainly our current 2009 MY car it has a little switch which slides across and closes in the glovebox
I thought for a moment that I was getting something for nothing!!

ZED

·
Registered
348 Posts
i find the 12V outlet in the central arm rest very useful; didn't know it was there and didn't have it in my previous car; so nice to have now

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Armrest 12v powers my CB radio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
CB radio, not seen one of those since ....................................... the last time I saw an 8 track stereo.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
LOL. We all use them in my car club. Makes organising 30 person convoy a lot easier!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts