Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Audi SQ5 TFSI Quattro
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was aware that the ride in the SQ5 was firm especially on 21" wheels, and have to admit during my test drive I was more interested in testing the launch control and giving it the berries and on that alone the salesman didn't have to try too hard, anyway I was happy with the suspension from Comfort to Dynamic, the good lady not so much, she compared the ride to being "as bad" as my son's Evo and Type R from years ago. So being the doting husband I read many forums and car sites for a simple resolve, so bought her a set of 20's for her birthday...you can imagine her surprise. Anyway got them fitted and tried them out and the difference is overwhelmingly marginal, although on the positive side it is slightly less bone shaking, less chance of kerbing and potholes and driver annoying speed bumps are less of a challenge. I hope you find this review useful and save yourself a few quid by not buying a set of 20" wheels for your wife's birthday. I have attached some foties just to let you see the difference between 21" and 20" wheels

Attachments

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
1,897 Posts
Very nice Missile! (y) How long have you had the 911?

I don't have any ride comfort issues with 21" wheels on our SQ5 😏

·
Registered
2018 Audi SQ5 TFSI Quattro
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice Missile! (y) How long have you had the 911?

I don't have any ride comfort issues with 21" wheels on our SQ5 😏
I personally have no issue with comfort but my missus says her ( . ) ( . ) get some work out :D :D

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
1,897 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts