Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all
Picked up the new SQ5 yesterday and am grinning like a Cheshire cat.
Work commitments mean that I've only managed to drive 40 miles so far, but am looking forward to a full weekend of putting a few miles on the clock.
Early initial impressions: great build quality, love the colour - Lava Grey; simply brutal performance, ride is much better than I perhaps expected on 21" wheels.
Handover experience at dealership was all very theatrical with car covered and driving lights on when I arrived, and the equipment / briefing session all very thorough.
Slightly alarmed on the way home with the steering feel at >60mph though quickly read through the manual and discovered I've got Lane Assist on the car...not an option I recall ordering! Turned it off and steering seemed much more positive.
No doubt I'll have plenty of questions for forumites in due course and will provide a fuller report soon.
Meantime, have taken a couple of pictures - not best quality but shows the car anyway!
Happy and safe motoring to all.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Looking sweet mate!

Lane Assist is all good on the dually or motorway, it makes long journeys a lot less tiring (as you can read the paper/take a snooze
) - but I have accidentally left it on on a single carriageway a few times and it really puts you off!

Look forward to hearing your extended thoughts after the weekend of joy ahead!

·
Banned
289 Posts
Looks great - especially in that colour, and with the privacy glass - which really makes a difference IMO.

Is your badging standard? - You have kept the SQ5 and V6T, but lost the TDi..

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks great - especially in that colour, and with the privacy glass - which really makes a difference IMO.

Is your badging standard? - You have kept the SQ5 and V6T, but lost the TDi..
Quattro
Thanks to you and others for your positive comments...definitely think that the combination of car colour and privacy glass works well.
Badging is all standard but I had the rear TDI removed (soon to be replaced by a subtle but high quality Stickman symbol (mascot for Northampton Saints RFC) : Being 12 year season ticket holders, it's been pressure from the kids I'm afraid...a small sad sacrifice I am forced to live with on each of our family cars!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Congratulations Barbyboy, looks great!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congratulations Barbyboy, looks great!
Cheers John
Might have to pop down to the gun club to ask you a couple of questions...MMI / Google Earth synchro stuff is driving this particular luddite mad!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Very nice, I bet that 2 initial private plate cost a bit though lol

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Very nice, I bet that 2 initial private plate cost a bit though lol
In reality, is a 2 number 2 letter plate with photo edited - been in family for 25 years - I can't disagree with the expression "vanity plate" although the wife's view is that it ought to keep me out of trouble as I'm too easy to spot

·
Registered
884 Posts
Wait over, looks great and enjoy.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Beautiful car. Love the colour. Have fun this weekend!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous...however that car does look awfully familiar
maybe because there is an identical one in my drive?! Hehe, enjoy it and many happy miles ahead! Looking forward to more pictures and report

·
Registered
700 Posts
Great looking car, well worth the wait, enjoy your weekend get some miles on the clock !

1 - 18 of 18 Posts