Audi Q5 Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Just logged in to say the fix is still going strong; no defects, no error codes, no sound issues. All the drive select modes working great for different sound levels from the exhaust/rear. Also recall i fitted the kufatec which is basically a custom controller to the sounds it makes, burberling, growling and at what level of rpm/idle at what loudness can custom tune it to your own taste for each drive select (or not). Don't like the sports start at all sounds very cheesy sounds like revving all the way on start up, with out having to rev the car. Far too boy racer style; but each to there own.

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
1,918 Posts
Just logged in to say the fix is still going strong; no defects, no error codes, no sound issues. All the drive select modes working great for different sound levels from the exhaust/rear. Also recall i fitted the kufatec which is basically a custom controller to the sounds it makes, burberling, growling and at what level of rpm/idle at what loudness can custom tune it to your own taste for each drive select (or not). Don't like the sports start at all sounds very cheesy sounds like revving all the way on start up, with out having to rev the car. Far too boy racer style; but each to there own.
Good to know M4SK13
Likewise my replacement exhaust speakers are working perfectly if not better (louder) than before

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
1,918 Posts
Mine still fine and loud

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im new on here bare with me, very interesting read indeed.. I have 2017 model 3.0 V6 SQ5 petrol only after 6 months I lost my sound, I've been battling with Audi and given up about this basically gave up!
They told me numerous times no faults nothing wrong!! Now I'm no mechanic I've looked under at my exhaust but don't have these two round housings for the speakers just a very large back box that the two tail end come out of, does anybody know if my speakers are in there?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Done mine on last week. Happy now. Replace with pioneer TS-MR1640. The garage is in Rugby, if any one need speaker replacement I can give the contact.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Done mine on last week. Happy now. Replace with pioneer TS-MR1640. The garage is in Rugby, if any one need speaker replacement I can give the contact.
"AudiFunny" I think I have the same issue.
If you could provide contact details for the garage that would be great...

21 - 29 of 29 Posts