Audi Q5 Forum banner

SQ5 - discounts available? How much?

8K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  ?? SQ-BEAST ?? 
#1 ·
Hi folks,

I've been looking at the SQ5 for the last couple of weeks. It seems the ideal replacement for my current car - so I have an overnight testdrive on Monday.
The testdrive has been organised by my father in-law - who does a lot of business with the salesman through work and on a personal level. He has arranged the SQ5 to be dropped at my door for me coming home from work, and then collected the following day. If I like it (which I'm sure I will!), I have to meet the salesman in person and go through options etc, and get a cost / delivery.

I realise its a new model, and that new 'performance' models are always difficult to get a discount off anyway.
Realistically, what sort of discount should I be aiming for?

#4 ·
He seems to think I'll get a great deal - but I wondered what the average discounts were.
I didn't expect anything like 10% to be available already. I guess it's just a case of pushing my luck and see what they come back with.

Is the SQ5 on a 4+ month lead time?

#5 ·
Yea, the last couple of people to order were told September delivery estimate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Yep, about 4 months. I ordered just over a week ago and I'm told it'll be with me late Sept or early Oct. I've ordered a few options including the panoramic roof which I understand can delay things.

#7 ·
The best I can get is 7%, so holding out for a bit longer

#8 ·
9% through drive the deal

Reactions: Obsidian
#9 ·
11.3% through a company called Millhouse Leasing - To be fair though we do a good bit of business with them on company cars, so I think he looked after me a bit.

Good Luck

#10 ·
7.5% discount from Audi dealership although car was ordered 12 weeks ago and still don't have either build week or delivery date estimate.
Hopeful of an update this week - dealership seems to be on the case and has since raised matter direct with Audi UK.
As others are experiencing, the panoramic roof option seems to be a contributing factor, production issues at factory, or so I'm told?

#11 ·
I would think you should be aiming for 9% or so minimum, although it depends also if theres a px.
Our dealer gave us 7% and a bit but a great px deal on our 2.0TDI S-line which is going to hit the dealer needing a full service and MOT, so we were happy

#12 ·
My test drive went really well, although I was surprised how much fuel it drank!
I was very pleased with the sound from a diesel engine - it didn't sound nearly as clattery as many do - and the 'fake' exhaust noise is pretty good both in the cabin and outside. The power is very smooth on delivery, and there is only a tiny lag when putting your foot down.
I tried some fast driving along some B-roads, and the body roll was minimal considering its an SUV. Overall, I was really pleased with the performance, quality and size of the car.

Anyway - the dealer told me to spec up the car I want and email the PDF off the Audi website to him. I did that this evening.
I've given him full details / spec of my current car, so hopefully he'll come back to me tomorrow with some prices.

#13 ·
My test drive went really well, although I was surprised how much fuel it drank!
I was very pleased with the sound from a diesel engine - it didn't sound nearly as clattery as many do - and the 'fake' exhaust noise is pretty good both in the cabin and outside. The power is very smooth on delivery, and there is only a tiny lag when putting your foot down.
I tried some fast driving along some B-roads, and the body roll was minimal considering its an SUV. Overall, I was really pleased with the performance, quality and size of the car.

Anyway - the dealer told me to spec up the car I want and email the PDF off the Audi website to him. I did that this evening.
I've given him full details / spec of my current car, so hopefully he'll come back to me tomorrow with some prices.
Best of luck hope you can strike a good deal, the car is well worth the extra , All the Best

#14 ·
I got 10% from local dealer,but I have had 3 cars off of them,but I di say if they did me 10% that I'd spend it on spec,seemed to do the trick 😄

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.