Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received call from dealership yesterday to say that my SQ5 has been built and is now sitting at port waiting for shipment to the UK.
I understand that from this point the vehicle needs to get across the channel, be delivered to the dealership and then undergo a PDI before release to customer - this all taking about two weeks or so supposedly?
If this is the case, then it'll have been almost exactly 8 months from order to delivery - I'd be interested to know how this compares with other's experiences.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Mines confirmed for week 48 after ordering at the end of April so will also have been about 8 months.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Good news Barbyboy! The car carrier ships are huge, and its the luck of the draw as to how long the next bit takes. My SQ was one of the 1st cars on its ship and therefore one of the last off so whilst they can unload a ship in about a day it takes a while longer for the cars to make it from the docks (Felixstowe for us I recall) to the dealership, mine took three weeks to appear.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
great news baryboy! Yours was week 44 build date wasn't it? I'm still awaiting a call from the dealer about its whereabouts, if not i will bug them tomorrow or monday about where it is, i assume mine is somewhere lined up among yours ;-)

Reactions: DR22

·
Registered
700 Posts
Morning baryboy, i recall mine too years !!, i think it was in dock over seas for over two weeks, no body could understand why, it was very stressful !!, once on ship it took 1 week till i drove it away,all the best and hope your arrives at dock with a full waiting ship with one space left !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts