Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ordered a SQ5 in May from Audi Tonbridge on the basis that they would deliver the car in September this year. At the same time I traded in a car as our family could make do with only two cars over the summer period.

Now the Tonbridge dealer advises that the car will be built in week 48 (december) and they cannot commit to delivery in 2013. Despite holding my deposit and breaking prior promises the dealership has offered nothing yet to help me in the interim period until my SQ5 shows up. They have suggested I contact Audi UK.

Is this typical for Audi? I have ordered a lot of BMWs over the last 8 years and delivery has always been within a week of the estimate provided when the order was made.

Can anyone advise the best way of getting good customer service from Audi? This is a worrying start to Audi ownership...

=========

Thanks to everyone who came back and offered advice. In the end I found out the following from Audi UK:
- It was not possible for a SQ5 ordered on May 27th to be delivered in August or September
- Audi Tonbridge only placed an order for the SQ5 on the 8th July - despite me having given a £1,000 deposit on May 27th
- Audi UK have indicated that this delay may have been due to Audi Tonbridge already having sold their allocation of SQ5s by May 27th

So today I cancelled the order with Audi in Tonbridge. I had asked Audi UK to see if they could switch my order away from the Tonbridge dealership but they had not come back to me by close of play today so I cancelled the order with Tonbridge and ordered a new BMW X3 35d instead with delivery planned for November 2013.

So this means I have a set of new 19" Vredestein winter tyres on Audi S-Line alloys for sale. Tyres are brand new, Alloys came off a demonstrator car. I will advertise them in the classified section of the forum. Send me a PM if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Sounds like your dealer took an order from you knowing they couldn't fulfil it.
You really need to be talking to the dealer to understand why they didnt keep you informed.

what options did you go for - this could be the reason for the delay.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Tim - my order form had an anticipated delivery date on it. Whether that carries any significance in respect of the terms & conditions I don't know. Very annoying for you though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I ordered a SQ5 in May from Audi Tonbridge on the basis that they would deliver the car in September this year. At the same time I traded in a car as our family could make do with only two cars over the summer period.

Now the Tonbridge dealer advises that the car will be built in week 48 (december) and they cannot commit to delivery in 2013. Despite holding my deposit and breaking prior promises the dealership has offered nothing yet to help me in the interim period until my SQ5 shows up. They have suggested I contact Audi UK.

Is this typical for Audi? I have ordered a lot of BMWs over the last 8 years and delivery has always been within a week of the estimate provided when the order was made.

Can anyone advise the best way of getting good customer service from Audi? This is a worrying start to Audi ownership...
I commiserate with you. Things must be getting worse or is it busier at Audi! I ordered three weeks ago and I have just been told that instead of Feb / March it's now likely to be April, they can't give me a definite build week until December

·
Registered
700 Posts
Its a night mare all these dates getting continually put back, why cant people be straight and up front when you place the order, probably think you will go else where ! not the caes usually being honest works best insted of assuming delivery dates, Tim you need to be on the case for a loan car for the period between waits especially when they took your park ex and sold it long before new one arrives,

All the best but keep trying, Audi UK will not help they will say to get in touch with Dealer

·
Registered
256 Posts
Not that its any consolation, but I ordered from Maidstone Audi (Inchcape too) in January and have a lot of options, and it more or less turned up on time (end of July), maybe a couple of weeks early from the estimated build. Though still going to wait until September to pick up. As Snow Man said, sounds like they sold you a line...

·
Registered
233 Posts
I recall this happening some time back with the Q5 build times due to demand, If memory serves me right, Audi announced they was putting extra shifts in a bid to cope with the demand.

I'm watching with baited breath, I ordered my SQ5 beginning of June was told a September / October delivery now been informed it's been put back to November. (still better than next year)

Just hope some Brain in Audi at the next board meeting suggests why don't we put on extra shifts.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hmmm inchcape... Common them with them it seems!
I'm waiting to find out the exact situation with mine.
In good news I have ordered my winter wheels for a car I don't have lol

·
Registered
253 Posts
Mine has been delayed from week 44 to now being a build week 3 NEXT YEAR!!!!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Thats insane waiting times, I'd though you guys being close to the factory it would be pumped out and shipped a lot faster. Lucky my SQ5 is only a 4 week wait
Sorry guys.
i guess its a allocation to each country I guess.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Also ordered from an Inchcape dealer in early May - similar story, promised September, then a couple of weeks back was told next year. I cancelled, got full deposit back with no issues and fortunately have found another SQ5. However, they told me they were waiting for allocations to come through before getting a realistic date so clearly bent the truth with the September delivery or seriously mismanaged my expectations.

·
Registered
325 Posts
It all seems to be through inchcape though doesn't it. It's a real shame to messa round with peoples expectiations.... mine went from 5 months to an unknown delivery... I'm guessing it'll be March going off what everyone is saying on here, or 11 months.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Hmmm, Maybe i should offer ours up for sale at 5% over list....
Who's desperate?
I've been thinking this as well! If I got an offer at 5% over list I would probably take it!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Haha no way I'm going from a 10% saving to a 5% over book deal...
I'll sit it out (grumpily!)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hmmm inchcape... Common them with them it seems!
I'm waiting to find out the exact situation with mine.
In good news I have ordered my winter wheels for a car I don't have lol
Yes indeed, my order is with Inchcape but having had a chat I am sertain that it's demand and not the discount putting orders back.
We can but hope that Audi increase production.

Footnote: Firefox works much betteron this forum that IEN 10

1 - 20 of 20 Posts