Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting very intermittent reception on my DAB radio in my new SQ5 (I live in SE London), Does anyone else have this issue or should I head back to the dealership to have it looked at?

·
Registered
877 Posts
Same here. I kept losing reception and it was switching back to FM. Just think that the DAB radio rollout isn't as good as we've possibly been led to believe...

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
No problems here...works fine, you can hear it switch transmitters though - drops out for a second or so.

·
Registered
529 Posts
No problems here...works fine, you can hear it switch transmitters though - drops out for a second or so.
Oh is that what causes the radio reception to be lost for a couple of seconds? It only seems to happen in town where you would have thought there was one single transmitter. Otherwise mine did keep switching back to FM but I spoke to it nicely and it doesn't do it any longer

·
Registered
433 Posts
Don't have it where I stay, FM only

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Whereabouts are you guys based so I have an idea when ours will arrive in September?

·
Registered
700 Posts
Up in the Midlands we found it not too bad, if in built up areas it does go a bit ''hazey" ! although its probably much better in cities i think for signal strength ,is there any way of seeing a map of digital signal strength across the country, i've never really looked into it but sure one of us on here has ?

·
Registered
877 Posts
Not too bad round Herts, Bucks and Berks but is patchy in places in the countryside.

Does anyone know if DAB roll-out is complete or is there more to go?

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm finding the DAB installation in the SQ5 much better than we currently have in our Mini Cooper S and way better than it was in a BMW 3 series 5 years ago - again like Estoril SQ5 we're mainly driving around the Bucks, Herts and Oxon area. DAB does drop out but it seems to switch to and from FM very smoothly.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Sorry but I live in Ellon area Aberdeenshire, so we don't have DAB yet, hence sticking with FM.

·
Registered
433 Posts
They have it in Aberfreeze
Bob,
I don't get this DAB radio station in my house hence the reason I didn't expect to get this station in the car, I will check again.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm close to Stonehaven and get all the DAB broadcasts no problem. Gets a bit patchy at Banchory, and disappears compleatly towards Aboyne.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I'm close to Alford and as it's never been a problem on my outgoing Evoque I'm assuming the Audi DAB will be the same or even better (fingers and toes crossed as I currently listen to DAB everyday on my journey in to Aberdeen).

·
Registered
529 Posts
Sorry but I live in Ellon area Aberdeenshire, so we don't have DAB yet, hence sticking with FM.
DAD will come to your area when you get electric, just be patient lol

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
PROBLEM SOLVED!!!! I unplugged my iPhone from charging and DAB came back on, tried it a few times and found that is the issue. My wife's iPhone 4S is fine, but my iPhone 5 stops DAB working when plugged in to charge. I'll try different leads and USB sockets (currently have Belkin) to see if there are any combinations which work. If you have a phone and charge via a USB cigarette socket then this could well be the reason for losing DAB reception.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts