1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
325 Posts
Real world that wi be a low 20mpg car going by the mpg I get on the TTRS which is lighter and more aerodynamic.
SQ5 in my view will be a better ownership proposition from a money perspective.

And only one exhaust at the back... Doesn't look right.

Reactions: Whizzer

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
The Q3 is pug ugly too..

·
Registered
256 Posts
Real world that wi be a low 20mpg car going by the mpg I get on the TTRS which is lighter and more aerodynamic.
SQ5 in my view will be a better ownership proposition from a money perspective.

And only one exhaust at the back... Doesn't look right.
But yours is at a slightly ahem higher level of tune... I always got around 30mpg from my TTRS, in fact it was better than my Giulietta...

·
Registered
325 Posts
Haha well that's true but even before that it was below 30mpg when driven sensibly.
Stop start can only help if you're not moving lol

·
Registered
289 Posts
On the plus side it's petrol and not the devils fuel. On the downside it's a bit pointless. Let me explain: It's a bit small for an SUV, when I looked at one that was my conclusion hence the Q5 sat in my garage. They've reduced the ground clearance so it's going to be compromised off road. It's a bit too tall to make a really good alternative to an RS4

·
Registered
289 Posts
But it does have that 5 cylinder engine. You could probably forgive it a lot for that.

·
Registered
26 Posts
not too sure about this one, awesome 5 cyl warble but not much of a looker.................... wonder if we will see a RSQ5 ?

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
That engine is for the FWD platform (PQ35) - I doubt Audi would use it on anything else.
RSQ5 - I just cant see it on this generation, but the way Audi has turned "RS" into a mere trim level, i wouldnt bet against it in the future.

·
Registered
256 Posts
It is a fantastic engine though... best car I have ever had, thus far.....

·
Registered
256 Posts
I guess ultimately I was more impressed that it had (relatively) low emissions and therefore road tax, and half decent MPG (for the HP). In comparison to say a 2.0l or 2.5l Subaru Boxer with comparable output (>300 HP) it was burning way less of a hole in my pocket, and for that I was eternally grateful, and wondered why the engine was not used more....

·
Registered
325 Posts
I love mine. But myself and the snowman have agreed to disagree before. He has an unfair advantage owning an R8 lol

Reactions: marky9074

·
Registered
700 Posts
Going from what ive seen of the Q3 the SQ5 is worlds apart on build quality, the Q3 for some reason just doesnt seem to cut the mustard as far as quality and practicality goes.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I love mine. But myself and the snowman have agreed to disagree before. He has an unfair advantage owning an R8 lol
Lol, thats true.
TTRS was never engaging or fun to drive, that doesn't take anything away from the engine - but that was my point, you could strap 5 or 6 turbos on the car but it doesn't change anything but 0-60 time.

MPG emissions point above is a good one, but the Subaru is far more fun.
So, as with life, it's a balance, pick your compromise.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Pah, R8's are just a poor mans Lamborghini

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Pah, R8's are just a poor mans Lamborghini
Depends on the model...
Benefit of the R8 is the retained values % vs purchase price.
The issue with all these type of cars is not really the purchase price it's the running costs inc depreciation.

I look at the Audi range at times and think its madness the price we pay.
50k for a Q5? Nissan leaf hear I come.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Haha your right there... But not about the leaf

·
Registered
289 Posts
That engine is for the FWD platform (PQ35) - I doubt Audi would use it on anything else.
RSQ5 - I just cant see it on this generation, but the way Audi has turned "RS" into a mere trim level, i wouldnt bet against it in the future.
Well the Audi web site says 2.5 litre 5 cylinder?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts