Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone explain to me the Bluetooth options please on the SQ5. I have specced Tech Pack High, does this include Bluetooth?

There are then Bluetooth options in the configurator, what do these do and do I need them?

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
BT supports music over AMI too.
You have Audi connect too as an option. Sim is inserted into dash, and this allows for google map data too.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have an iphone4 at moment probably get a 5s soon. Don't have any music on it as currently use USB in the X5.

How does the sim in the car work , do you get another sim the same as current number and does that jus give google maps. Not sure I would often use that feature but probably looks cool.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I have an iphone4 at moment probably get a 5s soon. Don't have any music on it as currently use USB in the X5.

How does the sim in the car work , do you get another sim the same as current number and does that jus give google maps. Not sure I would often use that feature but probably looks cool.
So if you get the 'High' option, firstly your iPhone does NOT support rSAP - so you will not able to use it's 3G connection for data in the car. Your only option would be to put a separate SIM in the dash - UK operators will not give you a second SIM/same number - your best bet is to get a data only contract SIM for £5-10/month and leave it in the car. Your iphone will still connect up for calls along side the SIM offering data services to the car, such as;
Your car is a wifi hotspot (useful for passengers with laptops/tablets)
You can have Google earth satellite imagery overlaid on the sat nag maps
Online traffic info incorporated into the sat nag (much better than the standard TMC over FM)
Send destinations to the car from Google Maps or the Audi Connect App on your phone.
Lookup online destinations direct from the sat nag

It is VERY cool - and I use most of the features every week in one way or another...

NB. My car is currently at Audi being looked at because the online stuff doesn't always hook up when you start the car!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Jose
Just getting into second week of SQ5 ownership
but still can't get the Audi Connect set up right. I have an iPhone 5 and reading your comments, it appears that this phone model won't work with AC.
You've suggested buying a separate Sim card and I've been researching a Giff Gaff data-only package - 1 Gb allowance for a tenner or, unlimited for £12 a month.
IYO, would this now seem to be the right way of going about things?
Cheers.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Jose
but still can't get the Audi Connect set up right. I have an iPhone 5 and reading your comments, it appears that this phone model won't work with AC.
You've suggested buying a separate Sim card and I've been researching a Giff Gaff data-only package - 1 Gb allowance for a tenner or, unlimited for £12 a month.
Cheers.
Yep - I have an iPhone5 and put a Vodafone SIM in the car (as I had it lying around).
I have a problem though, because my car is MY13, the SIM being in there prevents my iphone from being used for calls. For MY14 cars this is solved (as per my above description) so you won't have this issue with it only being 2 weeks old.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Jose
Cheers.
If you have connect, follow the videos I posted and you can't got wrong,

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sounds like it would be nice to have but if not wanting to spend any cash and just wanting to make/receive calls does this mean the standard Bluetooth included with the car is just fine, ie. no options of low or high ticked?

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Sounds like it would be nice to have but if not wanting to spend any cash and just wanting to make/receive calls does this mean the standard Bluetooth included with the car is just fine, ie. no options of low or high ticked?
Correct. No options ticked you still get basic calls via Bluetooth.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
596 Posts
If you have connect, follow the videos I posted and you can't got wrong,
Cheers Snowman
Just waiting for the SIM card to land on the doormat and will then have another crack at it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts