Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to have to start a new topic, thought it would be easier to run parallel to the other.

Here is a photo of an SQ5 with the black styling pack
IMG_3390.png

Attachments

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's exactly what I wast thinking, if I was going to do it i would get a black grille retro fitted and leave it like that

·
Registered
69 Posts
Well spotted i personally dont understand my the mirrors re black as the matt silver mirrors are what define an S/RS and think personally the grille is too black so will be leaving the silver vertical bars and seeing how it looks when the rest of the grill is glossed!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aussiedom you are my guinea pig here!

Reactions: aussiedom

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I was told categorically that the mirrors stayed 'S' car silver (on some thread somewhere from what a deal had told another member). Guess not!
Now I've seen it though, I think the all in 'stealth' approach looks pretty good.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I think it looks great with certain colours but from a personal point of view I'll stick with the chrome with the Estoril Blue

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lava grey + that grille what are you guys thinking? will have a phone call with the dealer and try and find out some more info

·
Registered
182 Posts
I was told categorically that the mirrors stayed 'S' car silver (on some thread somewhere from what a deal had told another member). Guess not!
Now I've seen it though, I think the all in 'stealth' approach looks pretty good.
Can confirm that the mirrors stay silver. Just picked up my car with black pack and they are silver.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ah congratulations!! please post some photos with black pack dying to see whether its worth ordering black grille in advance to get fitted as soon as arrival comes as it was too late to change my order when i wanted to

·
Registered
120 Posts
Personally...for the q5 I think the black pack only works with a black car. The whole 'stealth' look really works here. Other colours benefit from the chrome trim and grill.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was thinking same- I have lava on order so I'm hoping it wil have a similar effect; just have to wait to see how it goes really

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have Panther Black so the black pack imho looks really good. Only problem now is what to do with the mirrors as these look out of place.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looking forward to seeing it

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
More photos of one in black pack
http://www.autogespot.com/audi-sq5-tdi-b8-3/2013/11/17

This all black stealth look is actually pretty gorgeous, will definitely have a look at our Lava SQ5 with chrome before making an order for the black grille, however i really do like it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Reactions: ray.afzal

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Both those cars need the 21s to break up the blandness imo, the RS honeycomb grill would look much better on both

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the photo Craig, looks amazing!
Yeah Daza69 I agree completely, I asked about getting the black grille fitted and dealer will get back to me on availability and pricing- i think it's a must now for me

1 - 20 of 20 Posts