Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been informed my SQ5 has been built and is at the docks after much delay!!!! We leave for France on Monday so I a guessing we won't get it in time, has anyone got any experience of how long it takes? M25 Audi have loaned us a A6 avant for six weeks while we are away so not overly fussed about getting the SQ5 in time.

·
Registered
85 Posts
We are doing just the same a day later than you Vegas2002. I was told my SQ5 was at the docks (across the water) last Thursday. I assume that means its sitting at Emden Germany awaiting a ship. I don't know how up to date the latest info the dealer gets, is. Is the car on its way or just parked waiting. Very frustrating as I too want the car to go on holiday in.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Depends, what have you agreed with the dealer?
One of two things can happen, Audi will keep them at he dockside where the wait is longer than normal, or the dealer can request the car to site.

Depending on the above this could have an impact on the schedule for your car hitting the boat.
Once in the UK, a week. Normally its upto two weeks.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Very true, mine sat at the docks for nearly two weeks, then once in the UK it was at dealer within 5 days, so really you never know, does piss you off a bit thou all this waiting time !

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine was built w/c 8th July, arrived at UK port on Friday 19th and I'm taking delivery next Tuesday so that's approx. 3 weeks from production to delivery. Had it been a week later I'd have waited until the 1st September to register the car, which would have felt far longer I'm sure. At least coming back from holiday will be less of a downer with the brand new SQ5 waiting for you!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
You guys are all very lucky! We just got screwed over by Wimbledon Audi who have now decided to inform us that their dealer demonstrator on order for us isn't coming until mid-November even though we were promised mid-September delivery! With the poor discount they are offering seriously considering looking elsewhere with a better discount and waiting longer. Ridiculous!

Reactions: Lastaudi

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ray - have you tried drivethedeal.com? I got 9% off, short delivery date and the actual Audi car dealer was local to me (and you!).

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Wow 9%?! Will have to try it out, just tried carwow.co.uk and got a good deal off Ridgeway Audi but will definitely look into drivethedeal.com now, thanks!

·
Registered
85 Posts
We are doing just the same a day later than you Vegas2002. I was told my SQ5 was at the docks (across the water) last Thursday. I assume that means its sitting at Emden Germany awaiting a ship. I don't know how up to date the latest info the dealer gets, is. Is the car on its way or just parked waiting. Very frustrating as I too want the car to go on holiday in.
Its on the ship due into Port of Tyne today - maybe it will come just in time. All down to transport up to dealer now.

·
Registered
85 Posts
No I've waited long enough for this car. if they can get it on a transporter to the dealer then I could take it on holiday. if not then yes I will wait to Sept 1st as by the time I get back there will only be 3 weeks till the 1st.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am in London can't believe a car I ordered in November is going to arrive just after I needed it for my holiday, whats docks does a sq5 go to when heading for London?

·
Registered
325 Posts
I wish mine would get a riggle on!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I am in London can't believe a car I ordered in November is going to arrive just after I needed it for my holiday, whats docks does a sq5 go to when heading for London?
Audi's are shipped from Emden in Germany and for the south of the UK will come into Grimsby. The dealer checked for me yesterday and confirmed my car was on ship. I could then look at www.marinetraffic.com for ships out of Emden going to Port of Tyne in my case.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Hi Vegas, i cannot believe there are still cars outstanding for the originals that ordered late last year, how come yours has taken so long ??

·
Registered
85 Posts
That's it I've missed getting my SQ5 for our holiday - Its sitting at the Port of Tyne and won't be with the dealer until next Thursday. I go on holiday on the Tuesday before. Probably no bad thing as it was all getting a bit of last minute panic and I will wait now until the Sept 1st.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts