Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been shopping around and drive the deal seem to be offering a 9% discount on a new SQ5 beating all the other brokers hands down.

I have rung them to ask if this is a realistic discount and when could I expect delivery time.

Guy was real arrogant and rude and said "you're a dealer aren't you?"

I replied no I was inquiring as to whether this discount is achievable.

He replied - we wouldn't advertise the price if we couldn't deliver and you would expect delivery for October. Before swiftly putting the phone down on me...

Just wondering how many other SQ owners have gone down the broker route and their experience on lead times and discounts has been?

·
Banned
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Done - cheers.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Thought I'd reply here Chopper to benefit everyone.

I just ordered my SQ5 through drive the deal and true to their online quote I got 9%. No hassle, just the price I saw.
FYI, they don't have a few options on their website, Hill Hold, 5 year warranty are two examples, but if you request them they come back with a confirmed price. I couldn't get any discount on the warranty, but it's still a cracking price.
Once you lock down your spec and agree the price, they transfer it all through to the dealer and also take a deposit (£2000 in my case due to the number of options).
Shortly after the dealer gets in touch to confirm the spec and that's that. You sign in to a non disclosure when you push the button in that I can't disclose who the dealer is.

I dealt with Laurence and he was great from start to finish, very helpful and easy to deal with, perhaps try them again and ask to speak to him. If you advise I recommended you maybe you'll get a better response.

My guess is some dealers hate these guys, as lets face it, this is the price you'll try and get your local dealer to meet. Not all of them will want/need to (in my experience over the last few weeks anyway!). So I'm guessing here, but they probably get a lot of snotty dealers trying to expose who's passing these deals on to joe public hence your experience. To be fair when I called autoebid I got a similar experience to what you just had!!!
I'll PM you may full name.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: DJM

·
Banned
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's great thanks for your help.

·
Registered
325 Posts
My pleasure - hope you get the deal you want.

·
Banned
489 Posts
Try Jonathan at www.carfile.net too. Great personal service and 9% no problem. The difference here is that you don't pay him any money at all. When you're happy with your price he gets the dealer to get in touch with you direct and you pay them. You'd be better ringing for a chat.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Same as drivethedeal. Dealer pays their commission

·
Banned
489 Posts
Same as drivethedeal. Dealer pays their commission
Not quite. You have to pay your deposit to Drive the Deal, whereas with Carfile you pay the dealer direct. Also there's no confidentiality agreement.

·
Registered
17 Posts
First post on the forum for me as a prospective SQ5 buyer. I have been looking at the deals available from some of these online brokers so its good to hear of a positive experience. I live in Aberdeen where getting a good deal is very difficult so I will probably just go through an online broker rather than ring around half of the country

cheers
mondie

·
Registered
325 Posts
Not quite. You have to pay your deposit to Drive the Deal, whereas with Carfile you pay the dealer direct. Also there's no confidentiality agreement.
I paid Deposit to the dealer

·
Registered
334 Posts
First post on the forum for me as a prospective SQ5 buyer. I have been looking at the deals available from some of these online brokers so its good to hear of a positive experience. I live in Aberdeen where getting a good deal is very difficult so I will probably just go through an online broker rather than ring around half of the country

cheers
mondie
if you have an audi in good condition to trade in Aberdeen audi always give a great price. Well they have for me anyway.

·
Banned
489 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts

cheers
mondie
Phone Dundee Audi, I managed to get nearly 10% off a new Q5. Should pick it up next week.

Ask for Colin.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Drivethedeal take the card details to proceed with your deposit with the dealer. The deposit was taken by the dealer according to my bank statement

·
Registered
325 Posts

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Phone Dundee Audi, I managed to get nearly 10% off a new Q5. Should pick it up next week.

Ask for Colin.
we're talking SQ5, 10% off a Q5 is no issue, you should be able to get 14-15% if you push.
"some" dealers are claim discounts are 0 for SQ, and over 6 months waiting lists - nothing could be further from the truth.

·
Registered
325 Posts
That's exactly what I experienced when dealing with the dealers directly.
Brokers are by far doing the best and easiest deals on the SQ5.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Mid sept so 18-19 weeks or so but I was advised they'd hope to get it sooner. Giving me worst case scenario which is fair enough at this stage.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts