Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week the Driver Intervention Warning Light (The one showing the Radar between 2 cars) which usually only lights up (Green) when using the Adaptive Cruise Control appeared showing Red when the car started and has remained solid and red every time I have been in the car since.

The User Manual makes reference to it being red but only in certain situations (page 123 of the 2015 manual), It's mentioned in line with the Braking Guard function which I have turned off as I found it super sensitive. However it makes no reference to what it means if it is on Red and is on solid all the time. That said I can guess and it probably means ££££ being laid out to find the issue.

interested if anyone else has seen this before as can find nothing on the web about it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Could be many things so you need to try and narrow the options down.
The cheapest way I know (if you cant borrow a VCDS lead) is to try the Carly app for free.
Its limited in function but may give you a clue. The full version costs around £40.
A genuine VCDS cable will set you back £200ish but is a much more sophisticated proposition and will almost certainly pinpoint the problem.
If you have to replace a component, you'll probably need VCDS to code it anyway.
Where are you? You might be lucky and find someone local with a cable.
I'm in Norwich and happy to try if that helps...
Russ

1 - 2 of 2 Posts