Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for the last few miles I've been trying to work out if this is in my head or not - after some experimentation I've decided its not!

I'm at 13085 miles and coming back from a drive on Sunday (so was just over 13k then) I commented to the better half that the SQ5 felt like it had some extra urgency about it...

I've decided it definitely suddenly feels more alive, more power! I can get it fully sideways now without having to go for an insane scandinavian flick!

I think someone else mentioned a similar experience a couple of months back, but I can't remember who or at what mileage...

If I had to put a number on it I would say it's got 10-15% more grunt - now if we rudimentally apply this to the magazine measured 0-60's of high 5.x's then we get a lot closer to the Audi claimed figure...

So although I know you all love your SQ's already, you may have something extra to look forward to (and Snow Man might start to like his - just a little bit
)!

Of course I don't know if this is a variable run-in mileage or fixed, I also find it odd that it seemed to be dead on 13k miles, if fixed I would have expected it to be on a nice round km figure (although 13049 miles is 21000 km, it could have changed then as I would have been VERY close to this mileage when I commented in the car about it).

Any other high mileage guys notice this?

·
Registered
877 Posts
Yes I did. I mentioned it at the time, which is what you might be remembering.. Definitely feels better... Glad it's not just me...

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
It gets better?! Woah

·
Registered
952 Posts
It could be 2 years or more until I hit that point so I hope its pretty decent below that mileage as well.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I am at 48.000km now and never noticed anything, but I maybe drive it like an old lady... Never went sideways so far

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am at 48.000km now and never noticed anything, but I maybe drive it like an old lady... Never went sideways so far
I've seen your videos - you are no old lady driver! You should try sideways, 4 wheel drift is a laugh! TBH its really not to easy in the SQ, I've only managed some little drifts before the ESP 'saves' you and I have to fling it pretty hard (even with the added power)!

·
Registered
343 Posts
We just went through 10K and after SWMBO had a slight altercation in a car park last week we're now in need of some TLC and a new door skin at the very least :-(
Could have been worse nobody injured

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
All the diesel Audis I've owned has exhibited the second personality trait after X thousand miles, the 2.0TDI dials it up at 18-20k from past experience.

It's the exuberance of the SQ that makes you notice, I'm 99% sure that the engine ECU waits for the engine to properly bed in before using an optimal map. Fun isn't it?

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All the diesel Audis I've owned has exhibited the second personality trait after X thousand miles, the 2.0TDI dials it up at 18-20k from past experience.

It's the exuberance of the SQ that makes you notice, I'm 99% sure that the engine ECU waits for the engine to properly bed in before using an optimal map. Fun isn't it?
Fun indeed! I'm going to have to adjust my driving style though, I'd go used to being fairly heavy footed and no drama - if I drive like that now, there is drama!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Bring on September! I'm just looking forward to the magic of driving it.....

·
Registered
253 Posts
More power??! Awesome!!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Craig your spec is similar to mine, you will stay away from being disappointed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts