Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
2,014 Posts
Interesting device. Google Maps and my Dash Cam warn me of cameras.

·
Still Game
4,844 Posts
Not that I speed, just asking for a friend :)

Some ,,,,, add spurious speed cameras to Google maps outside their homes e.g. on S Deeside Road. My dash cam gives many spurious alerts e.g. traffic lights. I can easily spot the fixed cameras, mobile are a bit more challenging to see in time to check my speedo.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I’ve just purchased a Saphe Drive Mini link below and i’m very impressed with it not missed a camera location as yet, no subscription and updates daily.

I still use the Road Angel Pure, great bit of kit.

I heard many say that the Saphne hasn't got a big enough user community to make it truly effective, your thoughts?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I still use the Road Angel Pure, great bit of kit.

I heard many say that the Saphne hasn't got a big enough user community to make it truly effective, your thoughts?
The website says 11,000,000 users across europe, how many of those are in the UK iI don’t know, however I just wanted something small and simple to alert me when i’m not 100% concentrating on my speed and so far it’s not missed a single static or average camera on my travels.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have had a Snooper for many years. It works perfectly for all fixed site cameras and warns you if there has been a mobile camera site where you are. The main disadvantage is that you have to download the camera database by USB connecting it to a PC/laptop. I only ever do this when I am going on long journeys. The database download is free.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I have had a Snooper for many years. It works perfectly for all fixed site cameras and warns you if there has been a mobile camera site where you are. The main disadvantage is that you have to download the camera database by USB connecting it to a PC/laptop. I only ever do this when I am going on long journeys. The database download is free.
I have a Snooper Elite but the hassle of unplugging and taking it out of the car just became too much and it’s not the smallest unit and doesn’t stick very well to the windscreen always bloody falling off. They have just been bought out buy Road Angel and were offering discounts on the road angel pure for snooper owners. I do like this unit and it’s size works for me.

·
Still Game
4,844 Posts
When (a fiend) had a snooper it was fitted behind the grill. Almost invisible to see and no need to remove :)

·
Registered
819 Posts
I have a Snooper Elite but the hassle of unplugging and taking it out of the car just became too much and it’s not the smallest unit and doesn’t stick very well to the windscreen always bloody falling off. They have just been bought out buy Road Angel and were offering discounts on the road angel pure for snooper owners. I do like this unit and it’s size works for me.
I bought the Over The Air updates too. And the Dynamic Motorway Speed Alerts too - they change instantly with the gantries.

I love the Road Angel Pure.

Reactions: SQ-Raphster
1 - 10 of 10 Posts