Audi Q5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought a used Q5 (reg march 2010) from my local dealer after ordering it in May with August delivery. The advert on their website stated that it came with a spare wheel. No wheel anywhere. They at first told me it didn't come with one, when I said it was advertised with one they told me they were unable to view past online ads and that I didn't really need one as the avarage motorist only gets a puncture every 7 years. I, however printed out the original ad, and have today posted them a copy. I understand that the price for a new one,if not ordered with a car, is now ?520! This might get interesting as I really would like one and was a selling point to me. I hate these spray cans they are just cheap and a money saver for the manufacturer. Watch this space!!!!!!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
lucky you printed it, good luck

·
Registered
132 Posts
Which dealer?
Let us know how you got on with this.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the garage have agreed with the ad. they said their ad people made the mistake but they will honour it. I will however have to wait approx 3 months until their next new Q5 arrives. I'm not unreasonable so I will wait and see. Stupid thing is that after researching myself online I can actually buy a new 19" alloy with tyre for ?300 to fit my Q5. It doesn't actually match the ones I have on now but then neither does a spacesaver. I will keep all interested informed on this site what happens.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I agree that you could order a wheel and tyre - but where would you put it?
It would take up valuable shopping bag space in the boot and would not fit in the compartment underneath

kc

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the garage have agreed with the ad. they said their ad people made the mistake but they will honour it. I will however have to wait approx 3 months until their next new Q5 arrives. I'm not unreasonable so I will wait and see. Stupid thing is that after researching myself online I can actually buy a new 19" alloy with tyre for ?300 to fit my Q5. It doesn't actually match the ones I have on now but then neither does a spacesaver. I will keep all interested informed on this site what happens.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you wouldn't believe it. The original excuse Audi used for no spare was that the average motorist has a puncture every 7 yrs. I had my first in my Q5 last week! luckily I noticed it whilst still on my drive and used my wife's car to take the wheel down for repair, only ?5 but could have been bad!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
update on my spare wheel. still no sign despite the dealer's (York Audi) promises. Called them recently to be spoken to like an idiot by the salesman who when asked when I could expect my wheel replied " when it comes "! He was totally rude and had the attitude that I was a pain he could do without. I am now taking the matter up with Audi UK. I spent a lot of money on this car and the least I should expect is a little courtesy. They could get me one next week if they were willing to pay the full price of ?300 but if you order one when you order a Q5 it will only cost ?100, so I am saving them money by agreeing to wait. This does not warrant the treatment I received from this man. It's amazing what people will say on the phone compared with face to face. If he had spoken to me like that face to face I might just have punched his lights out!!!
Watch for more updates on how important you are to Audi once you have bought your car'

1 - 8 of 8 Posts