Audi Q5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question for those with knowledge of the SLine Spec Edition set up.

I didn't order a spacesaver (alas) and the car is going into Audi for a few initial warranty issues (some squealing from the engine fan after switching off and from the brakes too).

I would like to get the collapsible tyre when it goes in for these warranty issues - and reading between the lines, it can be fitted where the B&O subwoofer is? Is this correct? Where exactly is the sub-woofer? When the tyre is needed, can it easily be disconnected for the AA man etc to switch wheels? Audi service don't seem to have a clue when I speak to them on the phone, so I would like to be specific with them.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,044 Posts
Quick question for those with knowledge of the SLine Spec Edition set up.

I didn't order a spacesaver (alas) and the car is going into Audi for a few initial warranty issues (some squealing from the engine fan after switching off and from the brakes too).

I would like to get the collapsible tyre when it goes in for these warranty issues - and reading between the lines, it can be fitted where the B&O subwoofer is? Is this correct? Where exactly is the sub-woofer? When the tyre is needed, can it easily be disconnected for the AA man etc to switch wheels? Audi service don't seem to have a clue when I speak to them on the phone, so I would like to be specific with them.

Thanks
Hi jsincia,
Yep this is true the sub can be fitted with the space-saver,it fits inside the spare and is connected with a plastic plug connecter.The sub is under the floor mat in the rear.You are probably looking at about ?550 for the spare as an after thought,unless your dealer is nice!!!

Rich

·
Registered
963 Posts
Yep it's a very neat fit

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So my local dealer (in NW London) say they've never fitted a collapsible before inside a Q5 and have come back with a price of ?500 or so for the wheel and then ?74 for some kind of tray to hold it in place.

Now it could be they have no idea what they are talking about - but nobody has mentioned a tray so far on this forum.

Any ideas or even a photo?

Thanks

·
Registered
963 Posts
I've got the storage tray they are talking about. Fills the gap between the wheel and the lip. I got it as a factory extra good for keeping stuff in like first aid kit, storage net and other bits rather than lying loose.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Not sure there is much installing to do unless the sub is screwed in place in yours?

Sub comes out disconnecting cable first. Wheel in, sub in, plug cable in and put storage tray in. Job done

Tray can be lifted out to get access to the tool kit under the floor

1 - 7 of 7 Posts