Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there SQ owners ,

Been trawling this site for a few weeks just before I picked up my new 14 plate SQ5- been really useful in terms of sorting out the much needed mods on my phantom black with 21" rims. Opted for the side running bars, 12mmm spacers all round to beef up the stance on the alloys, and of course change out of those nasty yellow H11's on the front fogs...
Still only managed 300 miles to date as on holiday but cannot wait to get back and clock up a few more - running her in easy so trying to resist too many revs a little longer yet...!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Welcome mate! Try get up some pics if you can would love to see what your beast looks like with the White fogs and side boards

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey there mate - Will do as soon as I get back in the UK. Gave the new paintwork a full days Blackfire treatment too - 3 coats of polish and two more of carnuba wax so reality looking mint I on top of the flawless factory finish ...will post next week for those considering the boards, spacers and whiter fogs

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Welcome aboard,I've got the boards fitted and am realy happy with the look,I wasn't aware of an potion 4 spacers,so will b interesting to urs

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi there sorry should have been more specific, the boards are fitted as per dealer spec, wheel spacers are my work- opted for Eibach hub centric went on a dream, bit awkward to lift the car high enough on my garage jack though. 12mm all round really sits the car on the 21's a little better IMO- adding to the overall aggressive stance that the boards create... Massively chuffed with the car now !!

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Lookin 4ward 2 pics

·
Registered
80 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Jamaw

Yes will post the pics Weds next week- sorry for the delay but on hols at moment ...I got the spacers and correct extended bolts from Performancealloys.com in NI. Bolts need to be the right length so depends on which alloys you have, the offset and also the radius too. I can happily send the right spec over if you have the 21s? Re the effect, they definitely give the car a slightly fatter and more aggressive stance but I wouldn't want to push out any further as the tyres are sitting just inside the arches at 12mm, you could probably push to 15mm at the rear but I like to keep things even all round TBH.
Pricing was about £290 all in for Eibach type 2 spacers, with the bolts about £80 of that as I recall - delivery pretty much next day.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi

Yep I have the 21" wheels so should be the same spec. Do they provde locking wheels nuts? Did you inform your insurance co. of the mod?

Look forward to seeing the pics. In the meantime have a great holiday!

·
Registered
706 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Shabazmo - not as yet will get on the case today ... Not seen the poll but I am guessing there will be a few SQ's in black out there!

Jamaw- no I'll give the insurance bods a call when I get back - although hopeful that a few spacers shouldn't cause too much hassle for them on an otherwise factory spec, did you do the same re the running boards as they could also be considered a modification even if fitted by Audi...?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi Shabazmo - not as yet will get on the case today ... Not seen the poll but I am guessing there will be a few SQ's in black out there!

Jamaw- no I'll give the insurance bods a call when I get back - although hopeful that a few spacers shouldn't cause too much hassle for them on an otherwise factory spec, did you do the same re the running boards as they could also be considered a modification even if fitted by Audi...?
Yes I told them they were fitted. They said as long as they were fitted before I took delivery they classified them as part of the factory build even if dealer supplied them. They sent a letter confirming they were covered when I insisted it was in writing.

Let us know what your insurance say about the spacers.

Oh and get some sleep - 5.21 AM on the forum, thats dedication !!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Haha it's the time stamp- I am in the Malddives so early afternoon here!! Will get back to you re the insurance as will be talking to them tomorrow when I am back in the UK. I had the boards fitted 3 days later so interesting to see how my insurance company views that- if they won't accept it I will be shopping around for a new policy pretty sharpish- these aren't life altering mods after all TBH ...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jamaw- finally got around to sorting my insurance , switching from swiftcover to elephant as they provided a better quote, better policy and inclusive European cover- they were also pretty relaxed about both the running boards (I had them fitted 4 days after taking delivery so could be considered a mod) and the spacers they classed under alloy wheels so no major hassle. Got them to record notes on the policy to ensure I was covered and job done.
Gave the beast a clean this weekend so I'll post the pictures as promised tomorrow so you can take a look...cheers

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Good news bout ur mods insurance wise, suns up now ,let's c those pics 😄

·
Registered
80 Posts
Jamaw- finally got around to sorting my insurance , switching from swiftcover to elephant as they provided a better quote, better policy and inclusive European cover- they were also pretty relaxed about both the running boards (I had them fitted 4 days after taking delivery so could be considered a mod) and the spacers they classed under alloy wheels so no major hassle. Got them to record notes on the policy to ensure I was covered and job done.
Gave the beast a clean this weekend so I'll post the pictures as promised tomorrow so you can take a look...cheers
Good news on the insurance especially as I am tranferring to Elephant as well this week. Look forward to seeing the pics.

Hope you had a great holiday!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok maybe I am being a bit slow here but how the hell do you upload pictures into the thread, tried clicking every option but I cannot seem to find a way to upload the jpegs onto here??

1 - 20 of 31 Posts