Audi Q5 Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry for the delay. The standard dash tweeters are 4 ohms.

In any event changing one set of tweeters is unlikely to cause problems anyway.

As far as I recalll in the Audi sound setup the speakers are

Dashboard left, right and centre - 4ohms.
Front door speakers. - 2 ohms.
Rear door speakers and tweeters - 4 ohms.
Sub. 2 ohms.

How that helps.

I'd definitely stick with the amp and tweeter upgrade initially.

Upgrading speakers without going the full hog (upgraded bigger amps etc) is unlikely to work well. The standard speakers are actually fairly good and are easily driven.
Hi,

I have changed my rear and front speakers to B&O on my 2013 Q5. I have noticed, that the original front speakers are 2 (1,7) ohms and the retrofit B&O front speakers are 4 (3,7) ohms.
This will cause problems on my system?
Hovewer, i noticed that now i have slightly more bass with this settings. The total cost of 4 speaker was 110 GBP.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just did the upgrade with Vifa tweeters and Pioneer amp, what a difference it made! I cut the elements out of the "holder" with a dremel and soldered on new cables so i could still use the original connector.
Thanks a lot Moss2000 for the tip!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dear all,

thanks a lot for your information.
I just bought also a Q5 with Audi Sound system and i confirm it is a bit disappointing or frustrating (too much bass, poor medium range).
regarding upgrade with Vifa tweeter. This solution seems really interesting. Can you tell me if the adaptation requires lot of modification ? To « dremel » old fixation ?

Thanks a lot

Best regards

·
Registered
7 Posts
Glad you like the results. Great to be able to reverse it all is a few minutes too. Enjoy ????
Hi
I have also bought the Pioneer GM-D1004 amp. But the harness that came with it does not fit my radio unit. i have a MMI 3G basic system with the radio/amp unit 4g0035061d (Harman/Becker) in the left side of the trunk. I wonder what harness kit you have used to connect the Pioneer amp to the radio/amp in your car.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone, I just bought a super clean 2010 Audi Q5 with low miles and I'm super psyched about it. It's premium plus, S-line which I assumed would have come with the high end B&O system but its the 10 speaker concert stock system. I went from being a young boy on Christmas Day to sh#%, it's almost Christmas. I need the sound to be on point for it to be Christmas. I've read through the forum and I have a few questions.

I did buy the pioneer GM-d1004 which is on the way. How did the plug and play harness work out for you?! Did the quality improve? Did you change any speakers? The harness you linked to won't ship to the us. So I'm trying my luck with a harness that looks similar

I'm thinking of adding tweeter to upper door side panel and wiring from lower door then adding B&O mid to the dash where the tweeter used to be.

3. I do have a JBL bass hub which will cover the bass and the 10.25 inch android screen from China that's MMI compatible which are both on the way

Thank you to anybody in advance who finds the time to help me out. Your expertise is much appreciated.

Actually I don't know how to post pictures on here. I'll try and figure that out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry for resurrecting a thread that is over a year old, but I'm wondering if someone who has done this upgrade can still answer a question about the wiring harness for the GM-D1004. I'm looking at the Match PP-AC 92 C as well as the harness that comes with the GM-D1004, and they're completely different connectors, plus the harnesses that come with the GM-D1004 are just bare wires on one end. So how exactly is this plug-and-play? It seems you still need to make an additional harness with the bare-wire connections that come with the GM-D1004...? Or am I missing something here?

These are the connectors/harnesses that the GM-D1004 comes with:
Font Electric blue Art Automotive design Bag

·
Registered
2 Posts
Also, if I'm understanding the Match wiring harness correctly, it looks like you're still feeding the amplified signal from the GM-D1004 back into the original amplifier (or amplified signal from the stock amp into the new amp?), so how does that not end up causing a ton of distortion?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts