Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've just recently bought a 2012 Audi Q5. The past couple days a strange electronic sounding noise has started to come from the area near the headlight control knob. Sounds like a video game shooting - pew, pew, pew - does it ten times shortly after starting. No warning lights or indicators come on. Just the sound. I've called several Audi dealers, read the manual from cover to cover and scoured the internet for anyone having the same thing happening - nothing. Anyone have any ideas?? Thanks!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Not sure what the issue is unfortunately but is it some relay from the key to the car?

Is it a keyless or key ignition? Only thinking this as you say it’s soon after starting car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, the key fob goes into the slot to the right of the wheel - push in and press the break to start. The sound happens about 30 seconds later, coming from the other side (left) and is like a laser being shot in a video game.

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
1,897 Posts
Sounds like a car alarm. How long does it last for?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Only does it once, with the ten intervals about 30 seconds after ignition. Doesn't do it again until stopped and restarted.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah agreed that’s very car alarm or some sort of alarm deterrent. Has it done this ever since you got the car?

We've had the car about three weeks. It just started a few days ago. We're going through all the settings on the Nav and the Stereo that we've changed to see if we can get it to stop.

·
Registered
480 Posts
We've had the car about three weeks. It just started a few days ago. We're going through all the settings on the Nav and the Stereo that we've changed to see if we can get it to stop.
Does it have any non factory fit immobiliser/alarm or anything?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
FOLLOW UP: In the process of tweaking all the features, we apparently turned off the GALA feature on the stereo. After shifting it back to ACTIVE it appears to have stopped the sound from occuring — at least for now, it hasn't happened for a day now since we did it.

·
Registered
480 Posts
FOLLOW UP: In the process of tweaking all the features, we apparently turned off the GALA feature on the stereo. After shifting it back to ACTIVE it appears to have stopped the sound from occuring — at least for now, it hasn't happened for a day now since we did it.
How strange? I can’t see why turning GALA on/off would do this as that’s more Audio volume adjustment depending on car speed?

I’d still ask previous owner as per @TGR post

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Randy, did turning GALA feature on help? I got a q5 a week ago and I have the exact same sound started a day ago.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hello Randy, did turning GALA feature on help? I got a q5 a week ago and I have the exact same sound started a day ago.
I actually noticed that it seems to be related to the amount of fuel is in the tank? I haven't been able to determine a threshold. It did start doing it again for a time when we got below a half of a tank or so, but stopped after we filled up — did it once right after the fill up, but then stopped. I'm not sure if it's still doing it or not, as my daughter currently has the car at school with her for the rest of the semester.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I actually noticed that it seems to be related to the amount of fuel is in the tank? I haven't been able to determine a threshold. It did start doing it again for a time when we got below a half of a tank or so, but stopped after we filled up — did it once right after the fill up, but then stopped. I'm not sure if it's still doing it or not, as my daughter currently has the car at school with her for the rest of the semester.
Thank you for reply! Mine happens at all levels of fuel. And at different times while driving, but mostly when I start the car. I hope I can find the answer

1 - 20 of 20 Posts