Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined the forum and introduced myself in the new members section. Ive been reading up on the SQ5 and came accross this link that explains in part how the windscreen is used to form the internal sound!
Its the first time ive come across such info so hopefully its not old news on here or worse just some journalists bullsh1t

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/motoring/news/article.cfm?c_id=9&objectid=10883300

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I'm not sure how true that is... Everything I know about the sound is its exhaust related only. No mention of it here http://www.audi.co.uk/new-cars/q5/sq5/powerful-v6-engine/sound-actuator.html
And inside its not very loud really, just a comforting rumble of a v8, certainly doesn't sound like its coming from the windscreen.
From what friends have said, you almost want to be outside to fully appreciate it - I'm yet to trust anyone to demo mine to me!
I've done a few tunnels with the windows down and it is awesome.
It's also highly amusing to pull away and watch pedestrians double or triple take at the noise that SUV just made, and then try and read the badge from the now great distance you have covered!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Done some reading... I think that review wrongly assumes it works like the system on the S4 which is an actuator on the firewall and not in the exhaust.
I really don't get how so many reviews are wrong for various things when a bit of googling can get you the correct info!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think that review wrongly assumes it works like the system on the S4 which is an actuator on the firewall and not in the exhaust.
I really don't get how so many reviews are wrong for various things when a bit of googling can get you the correct info!

Thanks Jose, I didn't know anything about the firewall S4 set up so just assumed i had stumbled on some new info, the write up is only a few days old.

Another very interesting quote in that write up The SQ5 must be especially sweet for Audi New Zealand because SUVs are so strong here. In fact, the arrival of this $123,000 machine has relegated the standard Q5 V6 TDI to the indent-order-only list. Audi argues that most of those buyers will step up to the SQ5. In fact, it reckons the SQ5 will come close to outselling the entry-level Q5 2.0 TDI" I think is a massive claim even though he says its Audi sourced!

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Yea - that is a massive claim... I would think that although the TTDI in the SQ5 is obviously appealing there will still be plenty of punters that want a car thats not lowered and has sensible rims for mild off-roading. Not to mention the SQ5 is poorly spec'd in standard trim, so lots of people would rather have a 3.0 Sline Plus with all the bits for the same money as an SQ5 with no options...

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Just sent some cheeky feedback to the author along the lines of the above - will let you know what he comes back with!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just sent some cheeky feedback to the author along the lines of the above - will let you know what he comes back with!
Jose - just noticed in your signature that you're deleting the engine designation but retaining the SQ5...how? Are you getting the dealer to remove it (heat gun etc) or are you getting an option that we can't get as the deletion removes all the rear badges...?

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Dealer is doing it as no factory option. Annoyingly they didn't have time before I picked it up so dropping it off some time in the next week when they will also be running a USB extension from the glovebox AMI to the armrest.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very hot water removed them off my last car (kettle just short of boiling) Just picked off then, easy. But i dont blame you getting the dealer to do it.

Interestingly chaps i have taken out the Audi Quattro Plus Pack (it was sort of part of the deal!) which covers key care, GAP insurance Tyre insurance and paint repairs dents etc for 3 years, carpark damage that sort of thing. Hoŵever the dealer cant give me any written T&C's??

Now its an insurance based cover so its bound to have conditions that will stop me claiming I'm quite sure. Has anyone else got this or mentioned it on the forum?

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Yea, I got the same sorta thing thrown in (bad experience writing off my last car at 11 months old, no gap insurance :/), are you in the UK as mines not called Quattro plus...

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
are you in the UK as mines not called Quattro plus...

Yes I'm in the midlands and the name of the package is Quattro protection pack plus. Cost £1850 and i have an advertisement card which gives the items covered and the value / time but no terms and conditions?

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Mine is Audi Asset Protection (https://www.insurewithaudi.co.uk/Products/GapInsurance/Details.aspx) - in case of write off return to invoice for the first 3 years, and top-up for the 4th year in case of any finance shortfall (not that it is likely on an SQ5). It was about £850 for the 4 years - I think it's linked to the Audi Finance.
Not as comprehensive as yours by the sound of it, but also not as expensive (not that either of us paid for it)!
Also - get this as well for peace of mind... https://www.insurewithaudi.co.uk/Products/Ensurance/

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks Jose.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts