Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a company that can repair or replace, as mine does not work. Have read threads re purchasing new speakers, cutting open and replacing, but just need a recommendation. I am in Hertfordshire but willing to travel if it can be done while i wait as 2hrs has been mentioned..

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
1,959 Posts
There is no dedicated company that replaces or repairs these in the UK (as far as I'm aware) except in Germany (find them on eBay etc, £278.19 per side, and you have to cut them off and post them! Plus you probably don't know which one is faulty or if they both are). Therefore your options are, contact the engineer in the sound actuator thread, or find a local mechanic willing to do it for you (this is what I did), or lastly just take it to an Audi dealer for replacement (most expensive option at about £580 per side (not including labour)). Alternatively if you have the tools (angle grinder, welder, soldering iron etc) you could do it yourself.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is no dedicated company that replaces or repairs these in the UK (as far as I'm aware) except in Germany (find them on eBay etc, £278.19 per side, and you have to cut them off and post them! Plus you probably don't know which one is faulty or if they both are). Therefore your options are, contact the engineer in the sound actuator thread, or find a local mechanic willing to do it for you (this is what I did), or lastly just take it to an Audi dealer for replacement (most expensive option at about £580 per side (not including labour)). Alternatively if you have the tools (angle grinder, welder, soldering iron etc) you could do it yourself.
I've actually found someone in Rugby who can do the job. I've bought a couple of pioneer TSMR 1640 marine speakers and hopefully running it up there next week. Vagtech have checked all the wiring and said it ok so should be a staright swap. Will keep you posted...

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
1,959 Posts
Good job (y) Make sure they keep the casing cool when welding so as not to harm the new speakers inside ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts