Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, some daft 'I am excited about my new car' questions...

I have never seen dip and main beam lights in one lens fitting before on a xenon equipped car - they usually have two lens fronts - is it all in one on the Q5? Are the xenon lights good on them (I have standard, not adaptive, coming)

Has anyone chipped the 2.0tdi? I had my BMW chipped and it gave slightly better MPG, but I am thinking about not bothering with the Q5

Lastly -

What was people's MPG when car brand new, and how long did it take to improve and plateau? (2.0l Tdi) Is it 6 months or so before you get 'Full' MPG?

Thanks everyone - I have to wait until maybe May for my car, so expect more excited questions between now and then...

Matt

G

·
Hi matt,

sorry can't answer the first two as don't have xenons or a chip. We picked up our car just over a week ago now and it is averaging 30mpg or there about. It's a 2.0tdi by the way.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hi Matt

I've got the xenon and they are fantastic, the best on any car i've had before. I think the reason it only has one light is that the xenon is duel and works on high and low beam where as some are low beam only.

I've done 5k in mine now and average 40mpg. I thought about chipping too, but to be honest now the engine has got a few miles done i'm not lacking any power at all.

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts