Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's now two weeks since 63reg pick-ups and no one had bothered to put up pictures of their cars
Shame on you... so i thought i would.

This was the first time i've had chance to clean and check over the car since the wife picked it up (i was away at the time).
The paint work is in good condition and i have to say I'm both surprised given i left it sat for over 3 months and also pleased with how it all turned out. The colour can be great and bad at the same time. Estoril really does need the sun to look at its best - if anything i'd consider it a touch too dark IMO and you'd have to be crazy loopy to go anything darker. Lighter colours do suit the Q5 better.

It was getting dark, so you don't get a good representation of the colour and given the time of year i doubt we will see the sun for a while yet... (plus i struggle to find the right end of the camera!)

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Looks lovely Snow Man, I'm a touch biased as well and completely agree - Estoril looks fabulous when the sun shines.

·
Registered
325 Posts

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Picking up my SQ5 Tuesday so will posted pics, but how do you do post them on here?
Upload to photobucket and then put the direct link it gives you in the post here via the 'image' icon when composing your post.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Looks great snowman!
You got me worried when you wrote 'SOOO DISAPPOINTED' as your topic title I thought there was something wrong! Does look very good very jealous you got it...counting down the days till mine!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Snowman, lovely colour. I hope the sun keeps shining.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Looks great Snow man, I agree with the Estoril in most ways, I think if I had my time again id have spent the 2K and thought sod it and specced the Sepang Blue !

·
Registered
74 Posts
It's now two weeks since 63reg pick-ups and no one had bothered to put up pictures of their cars
Shame on you... so i thought i would.

I picked mine up on the 6th September and posted the pics in Reader's Drives on the same day. Shenstone and Retbug also posted their pics.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Congratulation Snowman! Looks great - I love the fact the colour looks very different depending on the light. You didn't have it de-badged in the end?

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
If it was mine i would have, but i think you have to do both sides.
I would also have gone with the 21s, i like the style of those much better - but since its the wifes....
Other than that - the only regret is not specing techpack advanced. Really like the seats/colour - works great and uplifts the cabin compared with the all black from the previous one.

ADS was orginaly on the list, but when we noticed it was missing the car was already approaching the build week and to change it would have been foolish. Saying that, it was easy-enough to add, so no massive loss, just hassle - actually i didn't pay for the switch so from a £ point of view i came out in front. (and in truth, without the other add-ons it doesnt really do much apart from scare dogs!)

Side note. Lava with black/red seats combo looked great.
That would be a great combo, esp for those that like a darker look. (blue with red seats - not a good idea however...)
Also saw a black one, and for me, it really doesn't work on this car.

Again, this is just IMO.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Was really tempted by the red and black seats however wife wasn't such a fan with kids etc. Have Lava + black seats, might need to revise the spec list just to be sure everything is correct!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Will have a quick revise and conversation with the other half to try and sway her towards the read

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Impressed with your pics,I've only seen estoril on a new s5 cab and wasn't impressed, but it looks gr8 on yours 😄

·
Registered
292 Posts
Sure does looks sweet Blue !

·
Registered
343 Posts
love the colour too - but find the paintwork is very soft - have got some marks and chips in strange places now 3 months and 5500 miles later

1 - 20 of 30 Posts