Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
842 Posts
7 days old and some old bloke has left his handbrake off and it's rolled down a hill and into my car smashing the drivers side front wing and fog surround. He's admitted full liability and is insured through Motability.

Don't really want to go through our insurance in case they load the next years premium. Can I just claim off their insurance and deal with them personally? Alternatively can anyone recommend an accident management company to use?

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sorry to hear this!!!
Try using a friend of mines business in Derby- chartwells.net they deal with most of the main prestigious brands all over the country. Your car will come back like new.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Same happened to me with my previous VW. If he is insured, his insurance company will bear the costs. Apparently they need to b notified within 24 hrs of the incident, thats all. Let us know how u get on...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sorry to hear your news-especially as you've waited so long for your Q5. Be careful when renewing your insurance. They ask if you have had "a claim" in the last twelve months? It's specifically a claim against any insurance company/private individual regardless of blame. I'm sure there is no way they can check about an arrangement to settle between private parties but the other gentlemans insurance company will hold all your details as the payee against his policy. If you were involved in a further accident and needed to claim against your insurers, they could refuse on the grounds you failed to declare this incident. I know it's grossly unfair but I'm sure you will find out this is how it works.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Chopper - sorry to hear about this. Similar thing happened to my new A5 cab. As the accident is not your fault given these guys a call asap:
http://www.accidentexchange.com/

The dropped me off a brand new A5 S-Line fully loaded and I kept it for 3 months whilst the third party signed off the repair bills - my car also went to Porcshe for repair - Accident Exchange arranged the collection of the car and did all the paper work. They even indemnify you against all costs of the hire car so there are no worries.

·
Banned
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the moral support. I have been recommended Europa Accident Consultants in Manchester by a colleague. A quick search of piston heads reveal they are well respected by forum members there. I have spoken to the TP and he has admitted liability to his insurers first thing this morning and given me his claim number. Europa are arranging for a independant engineer assessment today and are going to arrange all repairs with Audi so its all genuine parts being used. In the light of day the damage isnt too bad but its the fact its a brand new car (7 days old - 300 miles)and our pride and joy. Europa assure me there will be no smart repairs it will be all OEM products and paint replaced as new. They are also sourcing us a Q5 or alternative while ours is being repaired.

Can't upload pics of the damage as the files are too big and dont know how to resize them!

·
Banned
842 Posts
Thanks Steve, got an engineers inspection tomorrow we'll see what they say.

On the plus side I've had my 20" Pirelli snow and ice tyres fitted today!

·
Banned
842 Posts
Fingers crossed all sorted for Monday, £1000 worth of damage but insurers have agreed to replace all parts with new as opposed to repairing which I thought was going to be the battle. Fortunately its only the plastics that were damaged and will come back good as new.

Have a 3L Land Rover Discovery as a courtesy car to chuck the dogs in. Very nice to drive especially with the bad weather but not in the same league as the Q as obviously its a very different car designed for a different purpose, might try and find somewhere to take it off road this weekend!

·
Banned
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well the wait is over and we have the car back. Would recommend Europa accident management if you ever have a non fault accident very professional and quick at organising repairs for us and negotiating with the third party insurers. Just hope my tuberdomes LED's arrive for Christmas so I can upgrade the interior lights!

Reactions: gingamog
1 - 12 of 12 Posts