Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a phonecall yesterday to come in for an engine management software update. So having it done lunchtime today while I wait.

Anyone else had this recently on the 3.0Tdi?

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
I had a phonecall yesterday to come in for an engine management software update. So having it done lunchtime today while I wait.

Anyone else had this recently on the 3.0Tdi?
Had a call to say my 2.0 Tdi also needs a software update done

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Recall 26G4 software update for the engine control unit carried out. Whatever that is?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Recall 26G4 is an ECU upgrade for 3.0TDI's. According to the A5 owners club site it is related to a cooling mod but also provides slightly more more power and slightly improved economy. It does however come with a big but.... A number of A4 3.0 TDI owners report this update deletes any third part mapping updates and locks down the ECU so they can be applied / re-applied.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Recall 26G4 is an ECU upgrade for 3.0TDI's. According to the A5 owners club site it is related to a cooling mod but also provides slightly more more power and slightly improved economy. It does however come with a big but.... A number of A4 3.0 TDI owners report this update deletes any third part mapping updates and locks down the ECU so they can be applied / re-applied.
Ah thanks SS.

I've not felt the need to remap this engine, so I shan't be worried about that. It's got plenty of power imho......but a little more is always helpfull

1 - 7 of 7 Posts