Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some advise please. I'm thinking of buying a snow foam lance to use with my jet wash, does anyone use this pre wash method, and if so is it any good? The out lay isn't to heavy around £45 for the lance then a few quid for the foam.
Looks good the clips I've seen on YouTube, but would really like to know from anyone who uses one or who as tried it. Thanks.

Sorry if this as been discussed before, but I couldn't find anything on this subject.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I use it but less so in the summer. It's good for softening hard dirt that sticks to the car in winter, before you take a sponge or brush to it. Would I buy another 5 ltr pack, probably not. But you do need a good hose or pressure washer to shift mud before you decide to wash the car.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply shabazmo, I think I might just carry on with a jet wash off first, then the two bucket method after your "would I buy another 5ltr pack, probably not statement.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I use snow lances on our cars - if you speak to Ron or Stuart at motorgeek (tell them Ronan sent you) and they will see you right.

I use a karcher lance for my pressure washer and a Gilmour one for clients who will only allow me to detail their cars using a hose!

I use DP extreme shampoo.

I swear by it as none of my customers have swirls! it really does work as does ValetPro wheel cleaner!

Any problems, PM me

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that Ronan, I'll have a look at motorgeek I still think I want to get one just to satisfy myself.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I use snowfoam all the time, help to loosen dirt, also great on flies at this time of year. Apply to a dry car, let it dwell while you wash the wheels, then blast off. Leaves a pretty clean car but not perfect, I then give another coat of foam to wash with my handmitts, quality shampoo, all helps to avoid swirls.

Valetpro PH Neutral and a proper snow foam lance is my preference.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I use snowfoam as well and as mentioned above, apply to a dry car and leave to soak.

Jet wash off and then the two bucket method with a quality shampoo and lambs wool mitt.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just tagging onto this thread, does anyone have any decent wheel cleaning techniques / tricks / cheats.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Spray with Valetpro Bilberry wheel cleaner, let dwell a short time, powerwash off, wheels are virtually spotless. I still clean them meticulously with a wash mitt to get at the insides and a cloth to work round the spokes. A good coating of wheel wax applied also helps keep them easy to clean.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Just tagging onto this thread, does anyone have any decent wheel cleaning techniques / tricks / cheats.
I bought the Audi Alloy spray on cleaner, it was on sale at less than RRP
Just spray it on and leave a while, it changes colour to show where main of the grime is, per-etty cool.
Then just blast of with powerhose.

·
Registered
706 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Bonzoboy, if you have a Karcher pressure washer look at the karcher outlet and they have some there!

if you want a sample of different cleaners PM me

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
All sorted now thanks Ronan, got a snow foam lance, not tried it yet cars not got dirty.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi All
I'm new to all this...... Why is it important to apply the foam to a dry car?
Thanks in advance.
Rob

·
Registered
884 Posts
It is designed to lift the dirt first without forcing the dirt across the paintwork with the jet washer.

Some will say jetwash first and then snowfoam, I always put onto a dry car.

·
Registered
952 Posts
The foam dwells better on a dry car, makes sense really. Applying it to a wet surface is more slippery.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thank you all for the replies, I only picked my car up on Tuesday, there will be lots of opportunities to try both methods!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts