Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Does anyone have any experience using Smart Repair companies and can recommend any good ones?
Got home last night to find a scratch on the drivers door handle, about 1.5 inches long and down to the primer.
Stands out a mile on Phantom Black paint. Not happy!.
Thanks.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
What ares are u in .?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Medway towns, Kent

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Each operator is an independent - so unless someone has used the one for your area others experience may not mirror.
The joys of black... i'll never have another black car as long as i live.

I've used a smart repairer before and it worked out very well.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Medway towns, Kent
ive used 1 from bexley ,called smart soloutions, Steve 07732884392 ,he did a very good job on a black sport I had

Reactions: ?? SQ-BEAST ??

·
Registered
814 Posts
Is that Smart Repair the pre-paid 3-year insurance that Audi sells with new car ?
Sorry if it's going off topic, but can you tell me if the policy includes Alloys as well as bodywork?
My sales rep gave me a brochure, saying it was £320, so I read brochure, and it said, all the chips, scratches, etc AND alloy wheel protection.
On day of delivery she tells me it's two seperate policies, £320 EACH, is that correct?
I pointed out it's all in one brochure, with 'including alloy wheels' written about 3 times, and no mention of 'seperate' policies.
After long argument with her and sales manager, I was going to swallow this news, and just go for the bodywork, when she mentioned the 'exclusions' to the bodywork.
'Which are'? I enquired.
Basically, the roof, bonnet and the top half of the boot !!
I told her to forget it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, i didn't bother with any of the Audi extras as I felt they were overpriced and likely better covered by other external sellers. Point in case GAP insurance.
I think Audi themselves just outsource the Smart Repairs they advertise anyway!

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
No, i didn't bother with any of the Audi extras as I felt they were overpriced and likely better covered by other external sellers. Point in case GAP insurance.
I think Audi themselves just outsource the Smart Repairs they advertise anyway!
Yes that number I gave u is 4 the guy that foes my main dealer smart work,v good job í ½í¸„

Reactions: ?? SQ-BEAST ??

·
Registered
529 Posts
Ive used Chipsaway twice on a previous metallic black and it was like factory. The same company did my dads car (different area so not the same guy) and i could have done a better job with a Halfords spray in a gale!

Its all down to the repairers experience

1 - 9 of 9 Posts