Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else getting mighty fed up with the inside part of the bottom door sline trim allowing mud and rubbish to intrude and collect inside the trim and it requiring a brush to get it all out? Maybe this WHY WE NEED MUDFLAPS Audi! Happens on both front and rear doors and manages to get past the small rubber seal.

Reactions: rifleman

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
It doesn't get inside the rubber seal on mine, but it does annoy me that every time I wash the car I forget to open the door and clean the edge of the door sill as it does collect a load of grime between the seal and outer door panel!

·
Registered
433 Posts
I had the discovery and that was far worse than the Q but even with the front mud flaps on it still gets in. Yes the use of a small brush or the hose on to a fine spray.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I was going to ask this question too. Mine are all clogged up with crap as well.

I suspect it may be caused by using a power wash foam lance before washing. I would be interested to know if anyone has this issue but doesn't use a pressure washer.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I don't use a power washer and the dirt collects on mine too, but a quick wipe with a noodle wash mit and it's all gone.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts