Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So logged on about 07:45am this morning (I know sad) and was greeted by a Turkish (I think) flag with a statement saying the site had been hacked and "where's the security"

Mods - care to comment?

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
The hosting company servers were hacked on Tuesday and again last night - it effected all of my 20+ sites, plus hundreds of other customer sites - the host is working on it, but at the same time I'm look at other hosts.

Cheers

Kaine

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did anyone find a solution to this?

I had one site hacked a few days ago, then three more - now I'm not sure. I don't use nor have installed Word Press on any of the affected sites (same hack as described by Swainey in January last year), but dozens of other siteholders at Dreamhost are reporting hacks, as well - altho no one has described one quite like this.

One of those hacked is my primary business site, so having it down is hurting me, big time. I've been on the Internet since before the Web and was an original member of the HTML Writers Guild, but because I don't do this for a living, I long ago stopped trying to keep up with all the changes. Which, I guess, reduces me to the status of an experienced newbie. So any help from anyone who managed to beat these (bleep)s is most welcome.

Thanks,
J.R.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts