Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what SIM cards people are running in their MMI systems?

I went in to an O2 store today and they said they didn't do SIM's for this purpose however I'm sure someone on here said they had one? I ended up going into Vodafone in the end and got a 1 month (£10 a month) contract based one, 1GB allowance per month.

MT

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I have a vodafone one with unlimited everything for £15pcm (I am a long term high value customer with a business account with 30 SIMs on it).
I needed data/calls/txt though as I have a MY13 SQ5, so can't connect my mobile for calls via bluetooth at the same time as having a SIM in the dash - you will only need data access on your SIM.
The deal you got is pretty good, there are cheaper out there, down to £5 for the same data if you hunt around. GiffGaff are usually worth a look.

Don't tell O2 its for a car - just say you want a SIM for an old phone... The operators don't need to know its not a phone, to them it actually will look like a phone anyway (my company sells mobile phone equipment, so your calls will probably go through my switches at some point!).

·
Registered
273 Posts
Just wondering what SIM cards people are running in their MMI systems?

I went in to an O2 store today and they said they didn't do SIM's for this purpose however I'm sure someone on here said they had one? I ended up going into Vodafone in the end and got a 1 month (£10 a month) contract based one, 1GB allowance per month.

MT
I'm with O2 and they quoted me something like £6 a month for a rolling monthly contract for 500mb Data only Sim

·
Banned
289 Posts
Just had an email from giffgaff - 500mb = £5/month, 1Gb = £7.50/month

Reactions: Rowanlaw

·
Registered
596 Posts
+1 on the Giff Gaff 1Gb @ £7.50 / month.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, thought the monkeys in the O2 shop were talking bull !!! Ended up with the Vodafone one for now (wanted to be able to have everything up and working for tomorrow), its month by month rolling so easy to get out of.

MT

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I think I've posted this fact before but in terms of data consumption the car recorded downloading 1.6GB for the 1st 10,000 miles/6 months with Google earth enabled all the time so in actual fact you don't even need a massive monthly data allowance

Reactions: richg and Rowanlaw
1 - 7 of 7 Posts