Audi Q5 Forum banner

Should i buy one

5K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  stsalkit 
#1 ·
I currently own a Freelander 2 HSE and it is due for change in September. I like the freelander a lot but have had quite a few warranty issue the last one being the rear wiper motor going on fire. The freelander drives great, is comfortable and comes with a really good warranty.

I was in Glasgow today and test drove a Q5 3.0tdi S Line and it was a great drive and i am now very tempted to go down this route, depite being quoted a six month wait. I would probably order the SE spec to keep the cost and tax down.

I have a few questions if anyone has the time to answer.

I am looking to tow a large caravan with this car and on paper it seems ideal, has anyone towed with one who can comment.

I have heard that the Q7 is very sore on tyres and after having an XC90 which went through tyres in 12000 miles this is a concern. The freelander gets 40000 miles out of a set of tyres . Has anyone done enough miles to know what the Q5 gets.

The options i was going for were the bluetooth kit and IPOD interface plus a towbar, is there any other options that should be considered essential on this car.

Thanks in advance for your help.

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks for that.

I was only looking today and once i have made up my mind i will deffinately be shopping around as many dealers as possible to get the best deals and the best freebies. The Glasgow showroom must have cost a fortune so they will have to recoup the cost. They do hoever offer extended test drives so i will go along with them for now.

#4 ·
I would consider the lighting package - it is only 160 quid BUT if you dont you may find you dont have lights where you expected them to be as standard on such an expensive vehicle.

Technology pack is a favoutrite to and I am told helps on the resale. I thought this may be a bit of "sales chat" but I can understand why.

I am sure the wait will be painful but the enjoyment will be great when you get it. Mine is due May, ordered last December so I am waiting patiently !!

#6 ·
I have now decided to order a Q5 with the following options, only question now is which colour to get. What is the most popular colour and what does it look best in. I was originally tempted to go for the Dakar Beige but the dealer has talked me out of this, i dont want white although it does look good in white.

The only other issue is the long wait.

Audi Q5 3.0 tdi SE

Comfort Pack

Metallic paint

Towbar

Ipod Integration

Heated Seats

Alcantara sport seats

Lighting Pack

Rear Side Airbags

G
#8 ·
I don't like white either. Why don't you buy the colour you want and not what the dealer tells you. The dakar beige is considered an old mans/womans colour but I like it.
Some pics under cloudy conditions (scroll to middle of page):
http://forums.audipassion.com/topic/94181-photos-de-q5/page__st__40
Some more pics under sunny conditions (scroll near bottom of page post #80):
http://forums.audipassion.com/topic/68465-q5cest-beau/page__st__40
I think black looks best but I wasn't prepared to clean it so went for grey which I have concequently regretted. It looks dull and dull.
Pics of black (near top of page):
http://forums.audipassion.com/topic/68465-q5cest-beau/page__st__200
Video of black (stupid video but check out colour & presence on road):

#9 ·
Hi,

Colour is totally a personal choice and by far the most popular seems to be black & silver/grey. I like the white, escpecially with the dark contrast of the tinted windows, but personally we picked Garnet Red.
Now, I've only seen one other red Q5, so if you want something a bit different..... red's the way to go

Also, the Metallic Blue is quite unique. I've seen a couple, but again .... quite unique.

Here's my one (taken on a dull day) to add to the colour collection

#10 ·
Thanks for your replies. Is the white just the standard paint finish or is there a metallic pearlescent white available. The brochure only shows a standard Ibis white.

I am also tempted with the Garnet Red, what interior colour did you go with. I liked the idea of Alcantara and leather but that only comes in black or light grey.

I know its not the biggest decision i'll ever make but i will have to live with it for 3 years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.