Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi htere all,
Well we managed to pick up our q5 last week, and it is absolutely great: 3.0tdi S line, Pano, auto, MMI High, ipod, etc etc.
Problem that i'm having is that on near to full locking the steering wheel its making a slight shuddering noise. Steering wheel shakes a bit. Noticing especially in the car parks.

On driving the car back, hitting 70mph then braking the steering wheel shudders/shakes.

I have been reading on here, and poss its this ball joint thing maybe?

Any ideas of what the problem is/ mayb this is normal?

Thanks in advance,.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I too have a problem with the steering wheel juddering at low speed. The dealer has looked at it and ordered a new part on warranty, apparently there is a TSB for this.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Our 2010 3.0TDI does the same. It's most evident on smooth surfaces like underground car parks but I also feel it sometimes at low speed as I turn into my drive and at times at higher speeds when cornering all very annoying!

I've been on to my service rep. About it quite a bit but have yet to convince him of the correct fix. The 2.0TFSI Q5 and A4 have a service bulletin to fix it but not the 3.0TDI Q5. Many people in North America with the 3.2FSI reported the same problem but the dealers there have been applying the A4 fix to great effect. The cure is to change one of the power steering hoses.

Go back to your dealer and see if you can get it fixed. If you do then please let me know so that I have more ammunition for my dealer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
got it all done. Nice and smooth now. Apparently the discs were warpped. So had to get some new discs and brake pads, covered by the dealer i bought the car from.
All done and am happy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts