Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just had my Q5 serviced at 31K. Two questions

1. I have not needed any new brake pads. Having had a disco that ate brake pads needing a set every 25-30K these seem to have loads of capacity still left. This is on an S-tronic box.
2. The garage said the next service will be about 16K on at 47K, but at 38K the gearbox oil needs changing and a few other things. I asked if this would be flagged up on the car and they said probably not as it is not a standard service interval with variable service. Apparently the warranty is void if you dont have the work done. If you don't read the service manual how are you spposed to know.

Also had a recall software update on the 3.0TDi seems alot better from standstill not so much lag.

·
Registered
578 Posts
My understanding was that the variable service displays both days left and miles left until the next service. Your next service may be in 16k but the gearbox oil should effectvely show up in the amount of days you have left until your next service -how many days until your next service?

Also, don't worry about break pads, they have a sensor in them which will give you an alert on the dash when they are on their last 15% or so - warning, Audi will tell you you need new brake discs at this point too (from my experience). I only go to Audi to get the service stamps and inspections done, if brakes etc are needed I go to a 3rd party as Audi are at least double the cost.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The days is way out as I do around 20K a year so the days for next service will be way past 38K when the gearbox will reqire servicing.

I agree with brake pads that I always use independants. Was once told though not to rely on the sensor as there is only a sensor on one side, front and rear and if the pads wear unevenly you can have the pad without the sensor down to the metal without knowing. I know this was the case wth the Discovery.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts