Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

My 3ltr tdi has just done a very easy 1500 klms in 9 months and it is saying It needs a service. Took it to the Audi garage at Perpignan just as they were shutting for lunch, so the guy was in a hurry, but he reackons not required for another 15k.

When I start her up now I get the same message, Service required. Do I ignore the message or take it back in ?

Anyone else had this problem and if so what did you do.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I'd take it back. Car decides on mileage/time factors. Low mileage is likely to trigger an earlier service.

At the end of the day the bloke in the garage won't care if you breach the warranty by not having it serviced. Service has to be done to turn that message off. So I would insist it was done.

Mine was done a few months ago with only 4500 miles annual miles. Dealer didn't say come back when you've done a years proper mileage

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hi ****, we had exactly the same problem when we took ours into our local French dealer in St Gaudens at 15000km, the "service" sign had illuminated (the book said just an oil change) but our dealer refused point blank to service the car, he did however take it round the back hook up his computer and reset the light. We had the infamous water pump failure and the same dealer changed it without question. Our light has now returned at 28000km so we are taking it for its first proper service next week. I will let you know how I get on.
kc

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi ****, we had exactly the same problem when we took ours into our local French dealer in St Gaudens at 15000km, the "service" sign had illuminated (the book said just an oil change) but our dealer refused point blank to service the car, he did however take it round the back hook up his computer and reset the light. We had the infamous water pump failure and the same dealer changed it without question. Our light has now returned at 28000km so we are taking it for its first proper service next week. I will let you know how I get on.
kc
Thanks KC,
Will take it back in today and get the thing reset

·
Registered
578 Posts
Due to low annual mileage you will be on a Fixed service regieme and therefore you are supposed to service the car every year anyway, it's in the manual. If you are doing long trips it can wait 2 years / 19k miles.

"Oil-change Service Fixed to every 9,000* miles/1 year"

If you are planning on keeping the car for a fair few years I'd recommend getting an oil change, the oil quality will be very poor if you have only done 1000 miles in 9 months, assuming these are many short trips.

·
Registered
147 Posts
My car went in for its 30k km service yesterday. They apparently now have "fixed price" servicing in France so my Q5 3.0tdi was €399 . This also included the "december promotion" of a car wash for free!!.
On the invoice it states that the next service is do at 60k km or dec2013 so I assume the 15k oil change service is no longer needed
kc

·
Registered
578 Posts
My car went in for its 30k km service yesterday. They apparently now have "fixed price" servicing in France so my Q5 3.0tdi was €399 . This also included the "december promotion" of a car wash for free!!.
On the invoice it states that the next service is do at 60k km or dec2013 so I assume the 15k oil change service is no longer needed
kc
This sounds about right - 20k miles for service/oil is the same regieme as mine although I change the oil every 10k to avoid future sludge in the engine/sump.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Just had first service/oil change at 19k miles/20 months - MMI stating 18,700 miles until next one (2.0 Tdi 170).

·
Registered
578 Posts
Just had first service/oil change at 19k miles/20 months - MMI stating 18,700 miles until next one (2.0 Tdi 170).
Thanks, how much were you charged?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Has anybody been informed that the gearbox oil needs changing at 38K on the S-tronic. Unless it was done at the 30K service which is unlikely, the handbook states that the oil needs to be changed. The service indicator does not seem to pick this up. I was told if the oil is not changed in accordance with the service book the warranty is void.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Thanks, how much were you charged?
The service was £296. I paid an extra £24 for the engine flush (supposed to remove deposits etc?) plus £40 to have the 3 wipers replaced (I thought that was the least VFM element!).

Listers Worcester.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I don't think we've had the debate yet on engine flushes
are they necessary?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts