Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked it up.

I've got the usual owners manuals etc but I don't seem to have a service book?

There is a little booklet titled Audi Service Schedule which ahs a little pocket in the back labelled 'service record.' I expected to have a service record book with my name in the front with various service points and a place for the garage to stamp it recording the mileage and the date when it was serviced; I don't have that!

This little booklet contains information on every Audi model and when each should be serviced.

Where's the Service Record Book?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Inside the front cover of this booklet under the heading Warranty Entitlement Record is a description of the car I bought. It says

Q5 Quat TDI2.0 R4
130KW A75 03/13

I presume the 130Kw is the power output, how come it doesn't say 177bhp?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have found a CD amongst the stuff, I put it into my computer and it didn't play, what's it for / do?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Was it the MMI user manual? It comes/used to come separately and you could upload the manual to the car perhaps?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was it the MMI user manual? It comes/used to come separately and you could upload the manual to the car perhaps?
I've just looked at the back of the CD sleeve and it has a digram stating Audi MMI with pics 1 the disc 2 Car 3 control knob

What does the disc do?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On the subject of MMI I seem to recall someone on this site saying - make sure you get the red lead. I have a blue lead and a black lead, I asked for a red leave and the salesman plugged a red lead into his iphone and the car didn't see it, he then plugged in the blue lead and it did see it!

·
Registered
221 Posts
They don't come with a service book anymore.

Audi have a computerised system which records all service and maintenance details for the life of the vehicle.

You can request a print out at any time should you wish to sell it and provide proof of servicing.

·
Registered
578 Posts
There is a huge amount of conterfit service books on the market so Audi are following Merc and not bothering with the service records. Apparently people were buying counterfit books and stamps along with high mileage cars, turning the clocks back and making up a service record. The printout from Audi is even easier to counterfit though, I could do it with a scanner and MS Paint!

I prefer a nice service book with stamps but that's just me. The A8 is in for its 2nd service (28k miles) next week.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The salesman told me that it's a con to try and coerce us into getting the car serviced at an Audi dealer and that you can insist that services done at another (non Audi) garage are recorded by them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts