Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I didn't get any servicing deals thrown in during the SQ5 purchase but was offered a package to cover 2 services for £755 ish. I turned this down as it seems expensive. During the handover at the weekend, I was asked again if I wanted to take it out and said would consider it if around the £500 mark.
Well that didn't happen either, but I was offered it for £620.

I'm trying to get a feel for whether this is worth taking out or just pay as and when. Am I correct in thinking that a first service (19000) would be a full one then the second would be oil change etc. I'm not convinced it's a good deal, any advice would be most welcome

·
Registered
814 Posts
Depends also whether it's just service, or service & maintenance with first MOT, which starts to get things a bit complicated.
Probably service only the way you've described it.
if you look in the 2014 prices and specs guide, you can see plans for monthly D/Ds,
you could sort of work out from there if it's decent deal or not.

There is another thread running here in general discussion about it, if you want to view

http://www.myaudiq5....-audi-complete/

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Depends also whether it's just service, or service & maintenance with first MOT, which starts to get things a bit complicated.
Probably service only the way you've described it.
if you look in the 2014 prices and specs guide, you can see plans for monthly D/Ds,
you could sort of work out from there if it's decent deal or not.

There is another thread running here in general discussion about it, if you want to view

http://www.myaudiq5....-audi-complete/
Thanks for that, interesting reading. I'm thinking it's probably worth hanging on to the money if it's only covering 2 services

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have been offered full maintenance with tyres for £159 per month, sounds quite steep but I guess when you consider I do over 20k miles per year it will be a set of tyres a year at around £1000, then if it is anything like my previous Audi it was running at around an oil change at 15k intervals and service at 19k intervals so for me could well be worth it. I am assuming it is the full Audi Complete package as this was for a PCP deal.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I have been offered full maintenance with tyres for £159 per month, sounds quite steep but I guess when you consider I do over 20k miles per year it will be a set of tyres a year at around £1000, then if it is anything like my previous Audi it was running at around an oil change at 15k intervals and service at 19k intervals so for me could well be worth it. I am assuming it is the full Audi Complete package as this was for a PCP deal.
On first viewing, without in depth checking, that seems to be an outrageous price to me, in the brochure for the standard 10k miles per year, it is around £41 p.m with tyres ( for Q5, bit more for SQ5 obv)
So why 3-4 x the brochure price??

·
Registered
225 Posts
On first viewing, without in depth checking, that seems to be an outrageous price to me, in the brochure for the standard 10k miles per year, it is around £41 p.m with tyres ( for Q5, bit more for SQ5 obv)
So why 3-4 x the brochure price??
I know high miles do add a fair bit but at 160 a month that's 1920 a year and when I saw the invoice for my 2 services for the A5 they came to about 550 plus 1000 for tyres so 1550 a year and they were 19's and the SQ5 is on 20's. I have literally only had a quick email quote from my dealer though and not discussed anything in too much detail so hopefully we can negotiate and I will be getting quotes elsewhere as well. I should now be in a position to do this though and hopefully get an order sorted!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Still Game
4,617 Posts
Think carefully.

I too did not spend anything like £41/month during four years with my previous Q5.

I don't like to run my tyres to the legal minimum and would hate to be in the situation of arguing with some 3rd party insurer over tread depth when I felt that tyres needed replacement.

·
Banned
489 Posts
Costs very much depend on whether long life or fixed interval service.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts