Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry pretty school boy question here my car says service due in either 3000 miles or 8 days, do I need it in 8 days or can I wait 3000 miles which at the current rate of mileage is probably two months away?

·
Registered
503 Posts
It will be which ever is sooner so in your case its due in 8 days time.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I would wait the miles as his is the way it's calculated on, the days is roughly when as the last current miles driven as in hundreds as twenties hope this make sence but either way isn't wrong.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I understood that it was whichever was sooner, if I waited for mine to reach the miles I wouldn't need a service for about 3 years ... confused now

·
Registered
433 Posts
On my last Audi's the date slide with the miles, by the time I had booked it in it was almost correct, the Q5 is working about right for miles and time at present.
Phone the dealership and see what they say and plan as required, not sure what service interval you are set at as with long life or standard this may have to be looked into also.

Doug

·
Still Game
4,615 Posts
Even if you do very few miles, standard fixes service interval at 12 month intervals. Many dealers change it to fixed service at first opportunity............ it's easy money for them.

·
Registered
503 Posts
its whichever is first
i normally aim to get the car in for the week its due - im not day obsessed..
Thanks for clarification. I'm the same and get it in either the week its due or the week before

I always have longlife intervals

·
Registered
706 Posts
Whichever is sooner especially if under warranty. Out of warranty then it shouldn't matter too much unless you have long life service in which case whatever is sooner.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts