Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pick mine up tomorrow - anyone else?
It's been a long wait since 9th March. I don't want to sound like a miserable git, but, the experience is somewhat soured by the fact I was not given the option to make amendments in light of 2011 spec changes and a Dealership that has been totally uncommunicative. It has been further sullied by the way some other forum members have been treated by dealerships around the country. However, it has been so much easier to deal with given the support of this forum and I have been able to make much more informed decisions as a consequence. THANK YOU ALL.

Audi Q5 S line 2.0
7 Speed S tronic 170ps Is it DSG geabox.
Ice Silver
Milano Leather Black Silver stitching?
Technology package ? High. Satellite Navigation system ? HDD-based with MMI 3G, Audi Music Interface and Audi parking system plus.
Heated front and rear seats.
Electrically adjustable front seats with memory function and lumbar support. Comprising electric front seats with memory function on driver?s side and lumbar support. Also includes electrically adjustable, heated, folding and auto-dimming door mirrors, with memory function and auto-dimming rear-view mirror
Comfort package. Cruise control, mobile telephone preparation ? Bluetooth interface and power operated tailgate
Sound package. Bang & Olufsen sound system and DAB digital radio
Interior light pack.
Load-area fixing kit
3-zone electronic climate control
Reversible load floor mat
Under-floor storage tray in luggage compartment
Deletion of Model and Engine Capacity Badge at rear.
High-beam assist
Collapsable spare wheel
Tyre pressure monitor display
Tow bar
Set of winter alloys and tyres.

·
Super Moderator
1,047 Posts
Pick mine up tomorrow - anyone else?
It's been a long wait since 9th March. I don't want to sound like a miserable git, but, the experience is somewhat soured by the fact I was not given the option to make amendments in light of 2011 spec changes and a Dealership that has been totally uncommunicative. It has been further sullied by the way some other forum members have been treated by dealerships around the country. However, it has been so much easier to deal with given the support of this forum and I have been able to make much more informed decisions as a consequence. THANK YOU ALL.

Audi Q5 S line 2.0
7 Speed S tronic 170ps Is it DSG geabox.
Ice Silver
Milano Leather Black Silver stitching?
Technology package ? High. Satellite Navigation system ? HDD-based with MMI 3G, Audi Music Interface and Audi parking system plus.
Heated front and rear seats.
Electrically adjustable front seats with memory function and lumbar support. Comprising electric front seats with memory function on driver?s side and lumbar support. Also includes electrically adjustable, heated, folding and auto-dimming door mirrors, with memory function and auto-dimming rear-view mirror
Comfort package. Cruise control, mobile telephone preparation ? Bluetooth interface and power operated tailgate
Sound package. Bang & Olufsen sound system and DAB digital radio
Interior light pack.
Load-area fixing kit
3-zone electronic climate control
Reversible load floor mat
Under-floor storage tray in luggage compartment
Deletion of Model and Engine Capacity Badge at rear.
High-beam assist
Collapsable spare wheel
Tyre pressure monitor display
Tow bar
Set of winter alloys and tyres.
Good Luck for tomorrow

Rich

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yes, I'm joining you in the 1st September pickup club - in fact I was going to start the very same thread, lol.

My spec is:

2.0L TFSI 211 S Line S tronic
Sports suspension (we'll see if it's there - I had to tell the dealer it was a no-charge option)
Daytona Grey
Electrically adjustable wing mirrors
Privacy glass
Deletion of engine capacity badge
Interior light package
Hill hold assist
Parking assist plus
Bluetooth prep
DAB radio
AMI

I think that's it.

I hope tomorrow goes well for you, have fun!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Me too, 8.30am apparently I will be the first! I remember years ago you were allowed to pick your car up at midnight. My dealer ( Derby Audi ) has been spot on with everything he told from the day I ordered on April 9th.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Me too, 8.30am apparently I will be the first! I remember years ago you were allowed to pick your car up at midnight. My dealer ( Derby Audi ) has been spot on with everything he told from the day I ordered on April 9th.
Good luck Trevor - tell your dealer I'll be buying my next Audi from him!
Good luck MustStopSpeccin also>

·
Registered
480 Posts
Hey good luck to you all tomorrow for pick up. looks like great weather for it aswell.

Wishing you a great day and more importantly many safe enjoyable miles

·
Super Moderator
1,047 Posts
Hope all goes well for you muststopspeccin,trevor and anyone else who is picking up today,bet you didnt sleep well last night.

good luck and enjoy!!!!

Rich

·
Registered
98 Posts
nice one guys

drove past my AUDI dealer in Shrewsbury this morning - no shiney Q5's spotted though
picking mine up next week must admit very suprised as only ordered in July and was expecting a Nov delivery

Still I am not complaining

·
Registered
963 Posts
Very nice. I'm still in the waiting club.

Not long now

·
Registered
90 Posts
Come on everyone, spill the beans!
How did it go for you?

Was everyone happy, did anyone have any problems??

Like a lot of others I am still on the waiting list, but at least we could share your excitement to keep us going!

I suppose you're all out cruising around in the sunshine but when you get back it be great to hear how the long awaited event went for you lucky people

Biffo

·
Registered
22 Posts
What a lovely day to pick up your new vehicle. Initial observations are it was all worth waiting for. Love the ride,the panaoramic roof, still working out all the options on the MMI system. The kids love the DVD option. Particularly happy with my choice of colour ( Daytona Grey) you are never quite sure about the colour and I did strongly consider black. All in all very happy, now off for a spin in the evening sunshine, sure to turn some heads.

·
Registered
55 Posts
To all those still in the waiting club, it really is worth it!!

Today was a bit surreal finally getting my hands on MY Q5. Trevor, I'm really pleased you are happy with yours too - mine is also Daytona Grey and it definitely suits sunny days.

I'm struggling to get AMI to recognise my iPod - keeps saying it can't connect to the attached device. I've done a software update to my iPod (hadn't done one for a LONG time). When I plug the iTouch in it simply says "initialising" and doesn't seem to get beyond that. I really hope it's easily remedied - I had to ask my dealer for the cable since they'd forgotten to put it in.

I don't appear to have a radio code card or a roadside assistance card, is this normal or am I missing something?

There was no mention of service schedule (and I forgot to ask) is this something I can find via the onboard computer or will I have to ring them?

Aside from these minor niggles I'm one very happy Q5er today

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
To all those still in the waiting club, it really is worth it!!

Today was a bit surreal finally getting my hands on MY Q5. Trevor, I'm really pleased you are happy with yours too - mine is also Daytona Grey and it definitely suits sunny days.

I'm struggling to get AMI to recognise my iPod - keeps saying it can't connect to the attached device. I've done a software update to my iPod (hadn't done one for a LONG time). When I plug the iTouch in it simply says "initialising" and doesn't seem to get beyond that. I really hope it's easily remedied - I had to ask my dealer for the cable since they'd forgotten to put it in.

I don't appear to have a radio code card or a roadside assistance card, is this normal or am I missing something?

There was no mention of service schedule (and I forgot to ask) is this something I can find via the onboard computer or will I have to ring them?

Aside from these minor niggles I'm one very happy Q5er today
Hi,

Struggled to get my iPod Touch to work the first couple of times but it has been fine since. I am still on firmware version 3 for now so can't comment on the latest revision although the wife is on the latest revision and it works fine.

I don't believe there is a radio code and I didn't get a roadside assistance card. The emergency contact number is in the little booklet that you get.

The service schedule is pretty easy to find on the MMI and gives days and mileage to next oil change and service or inspection as they put it.

Hope that helps,

Kev

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi,

Struggled to get my iPod Touch to work the first couple of times but it has been fine since. I am still on firmware version 3 for now so can't comment on the latest revision although the wife is on the latest revision and it works fine.

I don't believe there is a radio code and I didn't get a roadside assistance card. The emergency contact number is in the little booklet that you get.

The service schedule is pretty easy to find on the MMI and gives days and mileage to next oil change and service or inspection as they put it.

Hope that helps,

Kev
Thanks Kev,

I've realised that my iPod isn't compatible with the AMI, looks like I'll have to buy a new one or live without one for a while

Had a good play with the MMI today and found the service schedule. The only problem I have now is one of the number plate bulbs has gone.

All in all I'm a very happy camper and currently wondering whether I can justify going out to get petrol now rather than wait for tomorrow, lol.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Trevor, Rowanlaw and Ms MuststopSpeccin'

How are we finding our new cars? Got some nice pics to tie those of us who are waiting over?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Trevor, Rowanlaw and Ms MuststopSpeccin'

How are we finding our new cars? Got some nice pics to tie those of us who are waiting over?
A soon as I get home from work this evening. I just needed some time to do it justice!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts