Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going for most boring post of the day / week / possibly ever!

Just picked up the semi rigid boot mat and am impressed. Didn't go with the brochure option of the reversible one as it doesn't cover the whole boot floor.

Looks like it provides a bit more grip to stop stuff slipping on the carpet which helps if you like to accelerate sharply and brake harshly

Well worth the £65 if you have to pay for it!

On a more exciting note, I had a quick look at the SQ5. Absolutely stunning, the 21 inch rims just set this car apart. Very jealous of you SQ5 guys!

·
Registered
289 Posts
I wish I'd seen the boot load liner. I went with the reversable mat and it's not that much use.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Where did you get it SteveW? I've still got the silly expensive Q3 reversible, but I could do with a better fit!

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
they are standard audi accessories - i always get one thrown in as part of any new car sale. (as well as rubber matts)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've bought a rubber boot liner from travall (along with dog gate). I think I paid around £50 for the boot liner. Still waiting for the car to put it in so not sure on fit but from the link posted on here by travall it looks like it covers all of the boot.

·
Registered
41 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jan, as Snow said, it's a genuine Audi product and can be found in the Q5 accessory brochure.

As its not an 'option' item, rather than the dealer just lumping it in, I got them to sort it out FOC as another gesture

I know there's no photo of it in the brochure so as I'm by the car, 2 seconds, here we go...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1366885945.023893.jpg

It does cover the boot floor hooks but there are guide holes if you want to reveal them. As you can see, this one doesn't extend over the bumper lip.

The wife filled it with bedding plants yesterday and it worked a treat.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I've got one to go into mine - swapped my RR Evoque accessories with a former member of this board

·
Registered
79 Posts
I got mine from roofbox.co.uk and it's fits perfectly. I understand they come from the same manufacturer as the OEM ones but iirc ate about 1/2 the price

·
Registered
32 Posts
Maintaining the boring theme ... Is the top of the semi rigid boot liner 'rubberised' or is it plastic. I.e does stuff slide about? Thanks.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's more of a rubbery feel and construction. I've noticed that our buggy doesn't slide around like it did on the carpet floor.

·
Banned
489 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Ive ordered one of these, so will let you know!

·
Registered
119 Posts
It arrived today. Fits like a glove. Happy days!

·
Banned
489 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Had mine along with the rubber mats for 3 years now. I always keep them and put them into new car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts