Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
As my delivery date gets closer, I'm starting to think about various topics I hadn't really considered before,

So, as title suggests, just how efficient is the standard security system on the Q5 ?

The price and specs guide says fitted with 'anti-theft device, Thatcham category 1'

What does it actually consist of, and is it good ? is Category 1 top of the range? average? lowest?

Also, have any forum members fitted extra security of any kind which is worthwhile?

Would really appreciate any advice on this subject thanks.

Afterthought, on same subject, what about wheel locking device? are they an option or standard (yes I've literally just thought of this now)
If an option, roughly how much and are they good value?

·
Registered
249 Posts
You could add a tracker if you wanted.

·
Registered
103 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
I will be adding tracker as 4wd are a high risk category

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have a Tracker on my BMW but only because the insurance company insisted on it. I won't be getting one for the Q5 as I wouldn't want it back if it got stolen. You are better off paying for Gap insurance than fitting a tracker IMHO.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Booster, that's an interesting thought. I need to work it out. Anyone know what Gap insurance covers and the cost for a £46K car.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Just got a quote and I now can't see the point of tracker. For £244 for 3 years cover. If total loss then I get a new car.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I use an old iphone and it has tracking capabilities so prepay on orange is £10 and I must call home once a month so its way cheaper and its well hidden.

all I had to do was enable find my iphone and connect it to a power source!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Yep, go for Gap and relax. Having said that, even delivery drivers can't find where I Iive let alone car thieves!

·
Registered
221 Posts
I use an old iphone and it has tracking capabilities so prepay on orange is £10 and I must call home once a month so its way cheaper and its well hidden.

all I had to do was enable find my iphone and connect it to a power source!
Interesting idea... But what would you do if it was stolen...? Send the boys round to 'collect' it...

You know your car would be on a container ship before the police did anything...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts