Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I'm thinking about buying a 4x4 and have whittled it down to 2 vehicles. Audi Q5 v Ford Kuga.

My budget is around £15k-£20k.

I could either get a second hand Audi Q5(maybe a 2009 or 2010) or a brand new Kuga.

My dilemma is I love the Q5, test drove it and I think I'm in love with it. So is my heart ruling my head here? All the people I've asked say that it's probably more sensible to buy a new Kuga because of the warranties and deals out there, rather than get a 4 year old Audi Q5 without a warranty. Would the Audi really be that troublesome?! There must be an argument that a 4 year old Audi is still a very reliable car!?

Thanks for any help. Much appreciated.
Danny

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
The Q5 has VERY few problems! I am a member of 4 or 5 Audi forums and the Q5 sections are just full of happy people.
In contrast if you look at many other manufacturers forums many threads just get filled with grumbles.
Being honest most of the regulars on here have cars sub 4 years old, but none the less its a great car and leagues ahead of the Kuga in all departments.

By signing up here I would suggest you are looking for a nudge to go with your heart

Reactions: Dannygazz

·
Banned
489 Posts
Q5 every time. Also a Q5 at 4yrs old will depreciate far less from that point than a brand new Ford. I like the look of the new Kuga but it can't be compared in any way with the Q5.

Reactions: Dannygazz

·
Registered
433 Posts
To be honest I would not buy a 4 year old car of any type unless it has full dealer service history.
But the price difference and build quality of Ford against Audi well I would go for the Audi. Some people buy new cars depending what money they can afford as you mentioned you have a fixed amount to spend on a vehicle. The 4 year old Audi will still be a better car 4 years later than the ford and the resale value will still be better than the Ford.
I sold my 6 year old A4 diesel S-Line and the car was as good as new in the drive line and body, fully dealer serviced also so againthe 4 year old Q5 seems like a good buy, look for the spec you require and try t find a low milage one.

Good hunting...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Audi over the ford IMO.

Audi is such a nicer build and the overall quality is much better. The Audi badge will make sure it holds its value later on down the line.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts