Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, guys after lot of comparisons and reading, I am going for Q5 as opposed to X3.

What options do people go for? Or what options are best? Am I missing anything?

My must haves are Electric seat, Navigation and leather.

Brilliant Black exterior with black milano seats.
19 x 8J '5-arm' design alloy wheels in polished finish with 235/55 R19 tyres

-Technology package - High
-Privacy glass
-Electrically-adjustable front seats with memory function

I understand, I need to add front seat heating as well. (Surprised it does not come as standard!)

Why would someone go for:

-Deletion of engine technology designation at rear
-Deletion of model and technology designation at rear
??

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
You need to check out the options you get as standard on the S-Line Plus as you might find it doesn't work out that much more expensive by the time you have specced an SE.

Deletion of badges has got to be a personal choice.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I was thinking the same as Ransman, some of those items cost more to add individually than by going up a trim level.

·
Still Game
4,610 Posts
I deleted my badges. I know that I have an SQ5. I don't give a s...t who else knows and feel no need to advertise

·
Registered
768 Posts
I originally configured the SE, but by the time I specced all that I wanted, the Sline plus semed better value for money. Also consider adding the hill hold assist at around £65 (I wouldn't want to be without it now).

·
Registered
120 Posts
Welcome mate. Unlike many on here I decided on the SE in the end for many reasons and you can see my spec below.
The two expensive bits you have added are the Electric Memory Seats and the tech pack high (both over £2k I believe) which I believe you would need to pay for no matter which edition you decide on.

I decided both of these as unnecessary especially for the cost, however only I drive my Q5 so I never need to adjust the seat. (You get electric lumbar support as standard.) Also re the wheel upgrade, IMO the ride with the standard 18 wheels is more comfortable then my test drive which had 20"s on and as a plus I never worry about curbing the alloys - because you pretty much cant. However bigger wheels would make it look more 'sportier' if that bothers you.

Definatly worth adding the heated seats & Hill Hold Assist, especially for the price of them. I also deleted my engine tech as I feel that it adds a little uncertianty to other drivers. Purely a personal thing.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Also re the wheel upgrade, IMO the ride with the standard 18 wheels is more comfortable then my test drive which had 20"s on and as a plus I never worry about curbing the alloys - because you pretty much cant. However bigger wheels would make it look more 'sportier' if that bothers you.
I have had both an SE and S-Line Plus and, for me, there was no real difference in comfort between the two. However the roadholding on the S-Line Plus (with standard suspension) is a fair bit better than the SE. Mind you there has been a steering upgrade recently so that might have made a difference to the SE as well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I tried my spec a few ways (ie, starting with SE, and S Line) and always ended up back at S Line Plus so as others said definitely look into that way - especially if you're set on having the Nav.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Yep, go for S-line Plus with standard suspension (as opposed to S-line suspension, which is a firmer option)
What you get for the extra outlay is well worth it and your extra options on the SE will not count for much if and when selling.
I seriously considered the SE for ride quality, but a salesman convinced me to test a 3 month old S-line plus, saying Audi were aware of complaints of the harsh ride on previous S-lines and have tempered it.
I bought the S-line plus, and it's a beautiful ride and beautiful car.
Check out the 2014 specification and pricing guide to compare the 3 different model spec lists (pages 20-24) and prices (page 28)
http://www.audi.co.u...ides/q5-sq5.pdf

Also, haggle like crazy and you may get the difference knocked off almost, I personally got 7% discount

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Yep, go for S-line Plus with standard suspension (as opposed to S-line suspension, which is a firmer option)
What you get for the extra outlay is well worth it and your extra options on the SE will not count for much if and when selling.
I seriously considered the SE for ride quality, but a salesman convinced me to test a 3 month old S-line plus, saying Audi were aware of complaints of the harsh ride on previous S-lines and have tempered it.
I bought the S-line plus, and it's a beautiful ride and beautiful car.
Check out the 2014 specification and pricing guide to compare the 3 different model spec lists (pages 20-24) and prices (page 28)
http://www.audi.co.u...ides/q5-sq5.pdf

Also, haggle like crazy and you may get the difference knocked off almost, I personally got 7% discount
I was surprised to see that the S-Line Plus was only £1k extra over the SE after I had specced it to the standard of kit I was after.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts